2018 Baseball Thread

Mims seems to be getting back on track, homering twice. Too bad no one was on base. A couple of past balls really hurt us yesterday.

Wups, looks like the past balls were scored as wild pitches.

Is the tourney on CUSATV?

I think all games are on ESPN3 and the final on CBS sports network.

We are in pretty much the same situation as we were in the Tourney last year. We are a 4 seed again, facing UTSA in Game 1 again, with Southern Miss as the 1 seed on our side of the bracket. UAB is the 8 seed this year in place of LaTech from last. Last year LT knocked off USM, and we cruised through our 1st 2 games. USM worked their way back from their initial loss and were down to their last strike before beating us to move on to the Title game.

It will be interesting to see who we go with from a pitching perspective. I’d think that we’d see Brooks in Game 1, then Josh in Game 2, then go from there. Depending on who we use from the pen.

We did not play USM this year in the regular season, lost 2 of 3 at home to UAB, and just lost 2 of 3 at UTSA. The series against UTSA this past weekend, they outscored us on the weekend by a total of 9 to 6. Not much offense at all. So that means, Game 1 of the Tourney will be 16-15 slugfest.

Our offense has been slumping a little bit lately. Hopefully we can break out in Biloxi. We seemed to hit well down there last year.

1 Like

Gotten out of the habit of posting these here, but if you want to hear Mr. Bo break down the conference tournament…
https://youtu.be/80jM0PeGT9I

1 Like

Josh and Patten All C-USA 1st Team
Reece, Jackson, Yett All C-USA 2nd Team

4 Likes

I thought Yett should have been 1st team - is there a better catcher out there in the league?

1 Like

clt cannot see their hats.

They’re on their heads. Try looking there.

1 Like

The catcher from Marshall had a higher batting average and hit 13 HR’s. Yett had a great year but tailed off in the 2nd half.

Pastrana at Marshall had one hell of a year. .355, 14 2b, 13 hr, 50 rbi. Too bad it was for one of the worst teams in the league.

Deleted due to poor technical capabilities on my part.

This is baseball thread Dave. Unless you are trying to display the accuracy of our QBs.

Hah funny, copied and pasted an Observer article on baseball and it pulls up this football article.

Can get to it through twitter,

https://twitter.com/davidscott14/status/999267559768772609

1 Like

Looks like we are going with Gooding tonight. Intersting move!! I like it!!

He looked good in San Antonio. Hope he’s solid again.

I will defer to you Mr. Bo, but I don’t think I like it…I think in this format it is critical to get off to a good start (1st game) for the weekend and I think Josh would give us the best shot at that. I hope I am wrong and it all works out in our favor.

Well, here’s how I look at it. If it works out, we get to throw our best at the #1 seed USM. Likely would be a match-up between one of the best pitchers in the country Sandlin and our #1 in Josh. If you want to win this tourney, you have to beat them at some point. Might as well throw our best at them.

If it doesn’t work out, and we lose in the 1st game, we throw Josh in an elimination game. I’m OK with that.

Would Josh be available for ANY duty by Sunday if he pitched GAME 1 instead of Game 2?