2018 Baseball Thread

I’m sure they will have the ability to bring mounds in when needed. The floorplan I saw had room for 3 - 15’ x 80’ cages and a waiting area.

If I remember correctly one person put up $250k and wanted to remain anonymous. The school would like to put their name on it. I don’t know if they were a former player. Maybe we will find out soon which direction they went.[/quote]. Dale Jarrett

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:17, topic:31111”]Some new renderings of the new indoor hitting facility.

They have started construction on relocating the home bullpen which will now be behind the RF fence. The wooden fence has been taken down. I believe construction on the indoor facility starts at the 1st of the year.

[/quote]. Mr. B, what is the tall structure peaking up behind the new facility in the image 2nd from the bottom? Also, what is the expected completion date for the indoor facility?

If I remember correctly one person put up $250k and wanted to remain anonymous. The school would like to put their name on it. I don’t know if they were a former player. Maybe we will find out soon which direction they went.[/quote]. Dale Jarrett[/quote]
Nice. Thanks Dale Jarrett!

[quote=“919R, post:23, topic:31111”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:17, topic:31111”]Some new renderings of the new indoor hitting facility.

[/quote]. Mr. B, what is the tall structure peaking up behind the new facility in the image 2nd from the bottom? Also, what is the expected completion date for the indoor facility?[/quote]

I’m not sure what the tall structure in the background is. It is in the direction of the high rises though. That’s my best guess.

clt says that is the new Illuminati Bldg on campus.

The soon to be built Dubois Tower.

I have seen a rendering of this…

Czech Nat’l Team? When is the Czech Nat’l Softball Team coming for an exhibition? Hot Euro Chicks! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:25, topic:31111”][quote=“919R, post:23, topic:31111”][quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:17, topic:31111”]Some new renderings of the new indoor hitting facility.

[/quote]. Mr. B, what is the tall structure peaking up behind the new facility in the image 2nd from the bottom? Also, what is the expected completion date for the indoor facility?[/quote]

I’m not sure what the tall structure in the background is. It is in the direction of the high rises though. That’s my best guess.[/quote]

It is, but it looks close----like it could be in the small parking lot between the tennis center and the soccer stadium…thought maybe we had hidden plans for an athletes village or something.

Awesome to hear about the progress on facilities. What’s the progress for the team? How do they look? Any thoughts on the new guys? I live far away and don’t get to see what’s happening. No updates on YouTube from coach Hibbs…Someone ,please say something? I’m a newbie to UNCC baseball.

[size=1em]We lost 4 starters in the heart of our line-up [font=verdana]and our Friday night ace to the draft[/font][font=verdana] and graduation from last season.[/font]

[font=verdana]Losing Laws to the draft, and losing Zach Flanagan to career ending injury, our starting pitching still looks strong with 4 returning guys with weekend starting experience. These 4 guys will likely battle for the 3 weekend spots. The other may be put in the closer’s role.[/font]
[font=verdana]–LHP Josh Maciejewski SR- has been a weekend starter since his Freshman season, struggled a little down the stretch last season and went into more bullpen/closers role.[/font]
[font=verdana]-- RHP Jonah Patten SR- Went from closer role to weekend starter late in the season due to injuries last season.[/font]
[font=verdana]-- RHP Matt Brooks SO- C-USA All Freshman team- stepped into starters role late last season.[/font]
[font=verdana]-- RHP Colby Bruce SO- Mostly bullpen work last year, but started early in the season on a 4 game weekend.[/font]

[font=verdana]We return 5 more pitchers in the bullpen, lefties: Horkey, Craver, Morrison and righties; Perry and Wynn. [/font]
[font=verdana]This past recruiting class added 10 arms to the staff, 4 JUCOs and 6 Freshman. I haven’t seen much of the new guys so I’m not sure what to expect.[/font]

[font=verdana]There will be lots of competition from the newcomers for innings. We appear to be much deeper and talented with our bullpen this year, but not as experienced.[/font]

[font=verdana]5 starters return to the line-up and we have holes to fill at 1B, 2B, and both corner OF spots, losing Brett Netzer, TJ Nichting, Zach Jarrett, and Logan Sherer from the heart of the line-up.[/font]

[font=verdana]We had a pretty good rotation behind the plate last season between Zack Smith and Harris Yett. I think we will rotate them back and forth between C, 1B, and DH depending on match-up and rest this season. Smith was on the All Freshman team last year, and Yett had a big summer in the CPL. Freshman Sam Mennitt is a utility player and will be the 3rd catcher.[/font]

[font=verdana]At 1B we have the rotation of Smith/ Yett, and JUCO Jesse Gonzales and/ or ERic Lansinger will be in the mix for PT there.[/font]

[font=verdana]At 2B there will be a battle between newcomers JUCO Tommy Bullock, FR Jake Whitcomb, and FR Tate Pennington. I’m guessing whoever has the better bat will play. [/font]

[font=verdana]At SS we have Hunter Jones returning for his SR year. Good defensively, had his best season at the plate last year, batting .310. Pennington played behind him in the fall.[/font]

[font=verdana]At 3B we return JR Jackson Mims. He should be one of the bigger bats in our line-up. FR Eric Lansinger and Sam Mennitt played behind him in the fall.[/font]

JR Reece Hampton returns in CF. He saw a step back from his Freshman season last year, but got hot late in the year and had a good summer in the Cape Cod League. SO Todd Elwood was behind him this fall.

JUCO Dominick Cammarata was in RF this fall. He is a big bat from Pitt CC, and originally signed and played at Tennessee.

A key for this offense is getting SO Drew Ober back this season in LF. He got injured early last season but was batting .354 after 13 games before the injury. He played some LF in the green-white scrimmage, but had to throw everything underhanded. [/size]
[size=1em]
DH is up in the air depending on the Smith/ Yett rotation behind the plate. JUCO Levi McLaughlin was there for the exhibition game, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a newcomer like Pennington, Lansinger, Whitcomb, Mennitt, Haywood, or Gonzales get some time there.

On paper, we are a deeper team than last year. This team will not be as talented as last years team off the bat, but could develop into a very strong team by season’s end.[/size]

[size=1em]We lost 4 starters in the heart of our line-up [font=verdana]and our Friday night ace to the draft[/font][font=verdana] and graduation from last season.[/font]

[font=verdana]Losing Laws to the draft, and losing Zach Flanagan to career ending injury, our starting pitching still looks strong with 4 returning guys with weekend starting experience. These 4 guys will likely battle for the 3 weekend spots. The other may be put in the closer’s role.[/font]
[font=verdana]–LHP Josh Maciejewski SR- has been a weekend starter since his Freshman season, struggled a little down the stretch last season and went into more bullpen/closers role.[/font]
[font=verdana]-- RHP Jonah Patten SR- Went from closer role to weekend starter late in the season due to injuries last season.[/font]
[font=verdana]-- RHP Matt Brooks SO- C-USA All Freshman team- stepped into starters role late last season.[/font]
[font=verdana]-- RHP Colby Bruce SO- Mostly bullpen work last year, but started early in the season on a 4 game weekend.[/font]

[font=verdana]We return 5 more pitchers in the bullpen, lefties: Horkey, Craver, Morrison and righties; Perry and Wynn. [/font]
[font=verdana]This past recruiting class added 10 arms to the staff, 4 JUCOs and 6 Freshman. I haven’t seen much of the new guys so I’m not sure what to expect.[/font]

[font=verdana]There will be lots of competition from the newcomers for innings. We appear to be much deeper and talented with our bullpen this year, but not as experienced.[/font]

[font=verdana]5 starters return to the line-up and we have holes to fill at 1B, 2B, and both corner OF spots, losing Brett Netzer, TJ Nichting, Zach Jarrett, and Logan Sherer from the heart of the line-up.[/font]

[font=verdana]We had a pretty good rotation behind the plate last season between Zack Smith and Harris Yett. I think we will rotate them back and forth between C, 1B, and DH depending on match-up and rest this season. Smith was on the All Freshman team last year, and Yett had a big summer in the CPL. Freshman Sam Mennitt is a utility player and will be the 3rd catcher.[/font]

[font=verdana]At 1B we have the rotation of Smith/ Yett, and JUCO Jesse Gonzales and/ or ERic Lansinger will be in the mix for PT there.[/font]

[font=verdana]At 2B there will be a battle between newcomers JUCO Tommy Bullock, FR Jake Whitcomb, and FR Tate Pennington. I’m guessing whoever has the better bat will play. [/font]

[font=verdana]At SS we have Hunter Jones returning for his SR year. Good defensively, had his best season at the plate last year, batting .310. Pennington played behind him in the fall.[/font]

[font=verdana]At 3B we return JR Jackson Mims. He should be one of the bigger bats in our line-up. FR Eric Lansinger and Sam Mennitt played behind him in the fall.[/font]

JR Reece Hampton returns in CF. He saw a step back from his Freshman season last year, but got hot late in the year and had a good summer in the Cape Cod League. SO Todd Elwood was behind him this fall.

JUCO Dominick Cammarata was in RF this fall. He is a big bat from Pitt CC, and originally signed and played at Tennessee.

A key for this offense is getting SO Drew Ober back this season in LF. He got injured early last season but was batting .354 after 13 games before the injury. He played some LF in the green-white scrimmage, but had to throw everything underhanded. [/size]
[size=1em]
DH is up in the air depending on the Smith/ Yett rotation behind the plate. JUCO Levi McLaughlin was there for the exhibition game, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a newcomer like Pennington, Lansinger, Whitcomb, Mennitt, Haywood, or Gonzales get some time there.

On paper, we are a deeper team than last year. This team will not be as talented as last years team off the bat, but could develop into a very strong team by season’s end.[/size][/quote]

clt says mr b knows more about our baseball team than many in the ad.

Thanks for the insight. Would love to hear the coaches assessment. Have high hopes for this team over the next few years. Love the MLB World Series but sad baseball is almost over for a little while…Can’t wait for spring!!!
GO NINERS!!!

New bullpen construction. Looks like there will be a shorter porch down the RF line now at the Hayes.

Damn, no kidding ! Looks close to 20’ shorter !

Shades of Yankee Stadium. We better be recruiting some left handed hitters!

They have a few good Lefty bats. A couple freshmen are lefty bats. I’m sure coach Robinson is working his tail off to get them as ready as can be.
Looking forward to seeing these guys develop!!!

[quote=“BigE3, post:38, topic:31111”]They have a few good Lefty bats. A couple freshmen are lefty bats. I’m sure coach Robinson is working his tail off to get them as ready as can be.
Looking forward to seeing these guys develop!!![/quote]

From only seeing a few scrimmages and the Czech game, looks like we have some good young bats to work with. Excited to see how they develop and where they fit in this year and in the future. The facility improvements are big time for player development.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:39, topic:31111”][quote=“BigE3, post:38, topic:31111”]They have a few good Lefty bats. A couple freshmen are lefty bats. I’m sure coach Robinson is working his tail off to get them as ready as can be.
Looking forward to seeing these guys develop!!![/quote]

From only seeing a few scrimmages and the Czech game, looks like we have some good young bats to work with. Excited to see how they develop and where they fit in this year and in the future. The facility improvements are big time for player development.[/quote]

This facility will be complete by when?