2018 Baseball Thread

[quote=“emf, post:100, topic:31111”]Friday’s start time changed to noon.[/quote] “Noon is tough for friggin” fans"

Hibbs legacy.
I say it.
my kids say it.

Hibbs legacy.
I say it.
my kids say it.[/quote]

Noon is tough. Even Lambert said it (see my signature)

Noon is perfect if you are retired ;D or want to play hooky on Friday afternoon!

The school’s website says Charlotte won 9-2.

The school should run a promotion for the 3/29-3/31 series. If you ride the Lynx to the game and show your train ticket, you a $1 off admission or a free Pepsi. Print the baseball schedule on the cups.

Encourage people to ride the train to games. That would be a great thing during football season because it would alleviate parking issues.

Do a similar promotion during football season. Put the football schedule on those cups.

[quote=“frequentvisitor, post:106, topic:31111”]The school’s website says Charlotte won 9-2.

The school should run a promotion for the 3/29-3/31 series. If you ride the Lynx to the game and show your train ticket, you a $1 off admission or a free Pepsi. Print the baseball schedule on the cups.

Encourage people to ride the train to games. That would be a great thing during football season because it would alleviate parking issues.

Do a similar promotion during football season. Put the football schedule on those cups.[/quote]

Tried to watch while working (watching on other monitor, able to follow along C-USA TV). Looking forward to watching a Niner team that doesn’t suck this season.

Team looked solid today. Two homers and only one error defensively. Brooks pitched about 5 good innings and Colby Bruce cleaned up. A good opener!

hoping the rest of the pitching staff is solid too

The baseball team already has as many wins as our football team after only 1 game

Hopefully the weather will cooperate today so we can get game 2 in! Sounds like there will be free hot chocolate at the stadium.

6-2 Win today. Josh Maciejewski tied a career high with 11 Ks. Pitched out of some tough jams like a senior should. Bats are doing enough to get the wins but hopefully they can get going a little more consistently. Lots of potential there.

Took care of business with a sweep this weekend.

Newcomers offensively looked pretty good. Bullock stepped in nicely at 2B, Cammaratta played RF, has a nice swing and could be a big power bat for us as the season goes. Ober was healthy and was DH all weekend. He didn’t have a great weekend but I’m sure he’ll work back into a groove. Yett had a big weekend going deep and driving in 5 runs, Mims went deep as well. Elwood stepped in nicely in LF. 9 hole hitter currently leads the team in Average.

Pitching was pretty solid. Brooks looked good but threw a lot of pitches. Josh looked dominant with 11 Ks Saturday. Patten struggled early with control but settled in to get the W on Sunday.

Bullpen was pretty solid overall, but made things too interesting at times. I think Colby Bruce and Carson Pinkney will be our guys working in the closers role.

Big week this week that will tell us a lot about this team. at NC State on Wednesday, and at UGa this weekend for 3.

[size=2]Tickets are on sale now for the Uptown games at BB&T Ballpark.

http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20180212&content_id=266336578&sid=t494&vkey=tickets
[/size]

Two #badfans and a microphone is back for episode two. Weekend recap along with a preview of this week’s games.

it would be really nice to win at NC State this afternoon

Lefty Joey Cooner going on the mound for the Niners today. He was a 3rd Team all American at Crowder College last season. Pitched in relief in Game 1 on Friday to get a W.

NC State played yesterday, so I’m guessing they are a little shorter on arms than we are. We should have a bit of an advantage on the mound, we just have to hit today.

Tough loss yesterday 9-6. Cooner looked pretty good. Bullpen and some poor defense at critical moments cost us this one late. We finally got the bats rolling once we got into their pen.

Hunter Jones defense has been less than stellar so far.
Expected big things from him being a Senior.

[quote=“ninerJ, post:119, topic:31111”]Hunter Jones defense has been less than stellar so far.
Expected big things from him being a Senior.[/quote] Has improved each season until this one. Off to a less than positive start, but I expect he’ll be fine.