2018 Baseball Thread

4 Game sweep over Siena this weekend. The schedule eased up a little bit this week and we did what we were supposed to do. Outscored Siena 45-11 over the 4 games.

Offense was sporadic at times but exploded for big innings all weekend.

Pitching was solid. We moved Josh to the Friday spot, Brooks to #2, and I’m thinking Cooner will be our new #3 guy. Chase Gooding got his 1st start in Game 4 and looked pretty good. Patten will be used more in the closers role from now on it appears.

Nice to see some of the guys that had been struggling at the plate get things rolling this week.

Big Week ahead travelling to High Point on Tuesday and host ECU this weekend.

Drew Ober named C-USA Hitter of the Week

Planning on tailgating around noon with some ECU co-workers for Fridays game. Wonder if Parking Services will be Nazis about us tailgating in the horseshoe on Fri.

I guess I’m Parking PR Guy today :stuck_out_tongue:

Athletics says you can park in horseshoe lot 1 hour prior to start time. As long as you behave yourself and don’t look underage, I’ve never heard of the cops hassling tailgaters.

Do we talk about the 5-0 week? Yes. Do we preview the ECU series? You bet. We start by talking about the Mike Hill hiring. Because we want to.

Big series this weekend as ECU comes to town. Lots of #badfans will be tailgating for the Saturday game. Feel free to join us. ECU fans will show up, I hope our fans do too.

Come find the Normbulance out in front of the football stadium tomorrow!

Side note: looking at their boneyard site reminds me how good we have it here. Can’t say thank you to Mac enough for all he has done here. If you haven’t looked…don’t. They have a site comparable to the gocarolinas.com board circa 2004. #turrible

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:145, topic:31111”]Do we talk about the 5-0 week? Yes. Do we preview the ECU series? You bet. We start by talking about the Mike Hill hiring. Because we want to.

I bet I know your Canada listener :cool:

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:147, topic:31111”]Come find the Normbulance out in front of the football stadium tomorrow!

Side note: looking at their boneyard site reminds me how good we have it here. Can’t say thank you to Mac enough for all he has done here. If you haven’t looked…don’t. They have a site comparable to the gocarolinas.com board circa 2004. #turrible[/quote]

I don’t even like baseball and I’ll be there, so what’s your excuse? Come on out and join us!

[quote=“metro, post:148, topic:31111”][quote=“49erAlumnus, post:145, topic:31111”]Do we talk about the 5-0 week? Yes. Do we preview the ECU series? You bet. We start by talking about the Mike Hill hiring. Because we want to.

https://www.facebook.com/brad.mcelroy.3[/quote]

That was Mr. Bo’s guess as well. Would be cool, if true.
Truthfully, we think it’s amusing that anyone listens at all. LOL

[quote=“49erAlumnus, post:150, topic:31111”][quote=“metro, post:148, topic:31111”][quote=“49erAlumnus, post:145, topic:31111”]Do we talk about the 5-0 week? Yes. Do we preview the ECU series? You bet. We start by talking about the Mike Hill hiring. Because we want to.

https://www.facebook.com/brad.mcelroy.3[/quote]

That was Mr. Bo’s guess as well. Would be cool, if true.
Truthfully, we think it’s amusing that anyone listens at all. LOL[/quote]

I love it. I especially love your mental gymnastics on Hill. Its like you want to destroy Judy but do so never mentioning her name.
100 day plan? Vision? :))

Sunday game canceled. Doubleheader on Sat. starting at 1:00.

clt bets golf lessons will be cancelled on Sunday as well. Stinks

FYI the JW Clay entrance to campus is closed today (Sat, March 10), have to enter main CRI entrance.

Evidently there is a cool vintage hat giveaway we found out about last night.

1 Like

That was a cool looking hat.

Niners were swept by #18 ECU this weekend. First 2 games were evenly matched, Game 3 the wheels fell off. Couldn’t get the bats going all weekend, pitching was good enough to win in the first 2 games.

OOC weekends are done now and we enter C-USA play at 8-7. We beat the teams we were supposed to, 4 of 7 losses were to #10 NC State & #18 ECU. Other 3 were at UGa.

We have Wake Forest Uptown tomorrow, who is coming off a weekend where they took 2 of 3 from #3 FSU. They are young and inconsistent. They’re 0-3 on mid-week games losing to Davidson, UNCG, and Coastal.

Dominant win tonight over Wake 13-1 downtown. Nice to finally get over the hump against a quality opponent, hopefully we turned a corner tonight.

Dad spoke to Hibbs between innings. Hibbs shook his hand said “stick around wayne might need you if this gets out of hand”. :sunglasses:

Can assure you boys were motivated. Hibbs doesn’t take sweep nicely

Hibbs said in post game that they had an "extended team meeting " on Sunday. Whatever they talked about seemed to work!!

The bats came alive and we jumped all over them early and often.

Really nice outing by Chase Gooding on the mound. I’ve been impressed by his 2 starts this year so far. I think we have 5 quality starters that have thrown well for us in that role this season.

Macijewski
Brooks
Cooner
Bruce
Gooding

Good to have some depth there this season, although Bruce may be moved to the pen as we only play 4 games in most weeks.