2018 Baseball Thread

Remaining two uptown games on BeIn. (25 minute delay)

Awesome comback tonight in the bottom of the 9th. VERY exciting game. Was jumping up and down and shouting in the living room again. Feels good.

1 Like

Atlantic 10 flashback. Poor play on both sides and very incompetent umpiring.

WE WON!

those are never fun with him

FIU is down this year, need to take advantage and get at least 2, I spoke to a staff member last night, he likes their chances and fired up last night

FIU wins some big time games (Miami and Mizzou), then loses head scratchers (Grambling, FAMU)

We got 2 of 3 from FIU but didn’t play well for the most part of the series. Lots of back and forth.

Got a walk-off swinging bunt on Friday. Down 4 in the bottom of the 9th FIU reliever comes in to close the game, but gives up 4 hits, 5 Wild Pitches, and a hits a batter. We returned the favor by giving up 5 in the 9th on Saturday in a 1 run game. Led the whole way Sunday but allowed a big lead to get cut down to a 8-6 win.

FIU is a very talented team, and I think they’ll be making some noise once they get a little more experienced.

Umpiring crew was awful on Friday and Saturday. Worst I have seen in a while.

Game tonight is cancelled. Series now down to 1 game tomorrow, 4:05pm at the Hayes.

https://twitter.com/Charlotte49ers/status/976178028605853696

Got a BIG win today - late innings again
6-3 over #4 Arkansas

3 Likes

I’m surprised they played today. Cold and wet! Snowed in Lexington this morning.

Great game by the team. Hopefully they can use this game as a booster for conference.

Freakin’ freshman for Ark hit two out and hit the ball hard every time up. Also, Starting pitcher held us hitless with at least six strikeouts over the first three innings. They have some horses.
Big time win for us.

I would say the story of the game was the 8th. consecutive error, HBP, walk, walk, error by ARK

That’s right. They certainly didn’t look like a top 5 team during that half inning.

wake and ark need to win some conf games

clt understands why Arkansas backed out last night. They scared.

Big win last night!!

I don’t think we could have pitched much better than we did against that type of line-up. They had just scored 39 Runs over the weekend against a Top 10 Kentucky team. We gave up a 2-run HR and a solo shot, but that’s it. We only walked 1 batter.

They fell apart a little bit in the 8th, and we took advantage. Great past week for the Niners with 2 wins over “power 5” teams, and a C-USA series win.

I love that emotion from Jonah Patton. Our boys love to compete, and that’s a lost art in baseball. These guys are fun to watch.

Patten played for Arkansas as a Freshman. He had some extra emotion in him last night!!

Nice to follow up the big mid-week win over #4 Arkansas with a series win at MTSU this past weekend. It wasn’t pretty at times, but grinded out 2 of 3. Currently sitting in 3rd in C-USA after 2 weeks.

Back in Charlotte this week for a game Uptown on Tuesday vs the Tarholes, then UAB will be here for the weekend series. The Holes are 3-3 in mid-week games this year with losses to UNCW, Gardner Webb, and St. Johns. Wins over High Point, A&T, and Maryland on their mid-weeks.

We are 3-1 with our only mid-week loss to NC State.

This is a great idea!

With the newly-opened Light Rail extension, the Charlotte 49ers will use the public transportation to get to Tuesday night’s game. Charlotte will depart the campus station at 2:51 p.m. and arrive at the 3rd street station at 3:25 p.m. From there, the Niners will walk the approximate four blocks to BB&T Ballpark. The 49ers will be in that night’s uniform as they ride the light rail down and walk through Uptown to the ballpark.

Took the light rail last night from University to BB&T for the Chicago White Sox exhibition against the Charlotte night. It was very convenient and didn’t have to full with paying for parking downtown. It was also good to see lots of students using it going back to university from downtown after the game.