2018 Charlotte 49ers Football roster changes

Enjoy. There is a lot of change at the QB spot.

2 Likes

Thanks for the work on this, lots of good info here. That is a lot of turnover at QB but having 3-4 is what we should be doing. Hopefully this means Shirreffs, Reynolds, and Popeā€™s play and potential made itself known.

I am concerned about the departure of Zach Duncan, sacks were at a premium last year and hate to lose any production there.

Maybe these two were gone during spring practice, but I noticed the two freshmen LB Sutton and Francois were missing.

Appreciate all you do to keep us informed.

Even though weā€™ve moving to 4-3, Iā€™m surprised to see so many transitions on the DL. Not sure if thatā€™s good or bad. Hate to see John Hardy is gone. Thought he was going to see a ton of PT.

Sutton is on my list. Francois was not, he wasnā€™t on thereover the Summer bit had told me heā€™d be here. Perhaps it is grades and he has to work his way back.

Wowā€¦a lot of would be players no longer on the roster. Was really looking forward to seeing Sutton play. KTown kid was a do-it-all athlete for the Wondersā€¦kinda figured heā€™d find a spot here and do well.

Disappointing.

clt says Moss Saccomanno is an all time name guy

Rolling Stone disagrees.

Yā€™all are changing to a 4-3 ths year? What did you run last year? Are there partcular personnel changes that hint the 4-3 will be successful?

Thanks for the insight. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing our game in CLT.

DT is one of the best deepest positions on our team. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s a big reason for the change, DEs will be a bit more of a question (although the staff has been high on them in the spring).

Thanks. App runs a 3-4 that has done pretty well the past few years. Our DC moved to DC at Georgia Tech in the spring. New DC is sticking with the 3-4. The toughest part will be getting everything right after graduating some of our best defensive players from last seasonā€™s squad.

Back on the team?

1 Like

If he is, roster hasnā€™t been updated to reflect it. 2nd Spring Semester grades were due on Aug 13th.

Not really a ā€œchangeā€, but didnā€™t see anywhere else to put this but here. http://www.gastongazette.com/sports/20181007/bj-turner-may-be-from-greensboro-but-hes-brought-gastonia-to-charlotte-49ers

Greensboro Page has a great football tradition. Their record this season is around .500, but they forfeited some non-conference games due to using ineligible players. They are 0-0 in conference and only play 4 conference games. The next 4 games will determine if they make the playoffs and what their seeding will be.

1 Like