2018 Football Recruiting Thread

[quote=“mojoniner, post:79, topic:30832”][quote=“Expectations Manager, post:77, topic:30832”]now that some guys signed that weren’t committed per 247 have been added our class is up to 120. Not where I want it to be, but we are recruiting from the smallest stadium in FBS, off a 1-11 record, with no OC, with no DC, and a lame duck head coach. Should the class have been better, absolutely, could it have been, doubtful.

One observation I’ve had on our recruiting is we seem to get guys we want to get. However, our sights are set too low. It’s as if the whole program has not come out of the FCS mindset. Shocking, right… I could care less about ‘Stars’ and more about what a kids other offers are. I want to beat our Sun Belt and CUSA schools, not maybe an FCS school or even no offers.

We have a recruiting class. Check the box. Just like everything else in this athletic program.

Manage your expectations.[/quote]

I agree we set our sites too low. it is like guys who never get a hot girl because they think they can’t get her so they don’t go after her!!

Hard to believe we signed only 1 person out of Mecklenburg County and heck he played this past season in Georgia. I don’t want to sign locals if they can’t help this team but my gracious at least build strong relationships in the community and go for players that can’t make us a better team.[/quote]

I agree completely that our sites have been set too low. We should be competing against other G5 schools and we have dropped the ball on that. I could care less about Stars on rivals or 247, look at who else is recruiting the kids.

When it comes to local kids, the staff should at least go after some big named kids in the area but they aren’t even doing that. With our current staff, they need to step up the recruiting game big time. Maybe if we ever get a new staff then they can learn from the horrendous mistakes that the current one has done.

[quote=“Expectations Manager, post:77, topic:30832”]now that some guys signed that weren’t committed per 247 have been added our class is up to 120. Not where I want it to be, but we are recruiting from the smallest stadium in FBS, off a 1-11 record, with no OC, with no DC, and a lame duck head coach. Should the class have been better, absolutely, could it have been, doubtful.

One observation I’ve had on our recruiting is we seem to get guys we want to get. However, our sights are set too low. It’s as if the whole program has not come out of the FCS mindset. Shocking, right… I could care less about ‘Stars’ and more about what a kids other offers are. I want to beat our Sun Belt and CUSA schools, not maybe an FCS school or even no offers.

We have a recruiting class. Check the box. Just like everything else in this athletic program.

Manage your expectations.[/quote]

“We have something.” – Phil Dubois

[size=2]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article190895729.html

Could Charlotte 49ers QB signee from Wednesday start as true freshman? ‘We’ll see’[/size]

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:83, topic:30832”][size=2]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article190895729.html

Could Charlotte 49ers QB signee from Wednesday start as true freshman? ‘We’ll see’[/size][/quote]

More importantly will Charlotte ever run a logical pass play or will Charlotte have a O line that can block longer than a millisecond?

Whatever happened to Chrishawn Wilson?

[quote=“FridayNiner, post:85, topic:30832”]Whatever happened to Chrishawn Wilson?[/quote]Grades, never made it to campus. Big loss.

https://agent49.net/2018-early-signees-for-charlotte-49ers-fb/

Here’s the official release: 2018 Football Signing Day - Charlotte Athletics

This class is about like my gif of Dubois below. I see too much of this:

offers - none
Or
Offers - insert fcs team

We need talent other FBS teams covet. And no, not Alabama or Clemson.

Good blog

I’m not convinced we would be that competitive in the FCS ranks.

If you have insomnia watch this video.

clt hopes our players live up to their rankings and hype.

This class is better than I thought it was going to be.

Thanks for the article 2k, your work is much appreciated.

Returning 19 starters and having competition at lots of key jobs will be big for this team. With an offense that does better than 3 and out, lose 5 yards, and run 11 seconds off the clock every drive, who knows what could happen? Question is if the talent level is there for the competition to matter.

If Bill Legg, or another experienced play caller gets our OC job I’m going to allow myself to get excited. Oh no.

If Klugh is our qb and we don’t run the triple option then we will still suck.

It looks like a weak class when looking at the other schools most of the recruits have offers from.

[quote=“mojoniner, post:94, topic:30832”]It looks like a weak class when looking at the other schools most of the recruits have offers from.[/quote]agree. 3 or 4 of the guys look like good gets. The rest look like fcs players.

I think it makes sense for us to run a version of the option but I have little faith we have the coaching staff to teach the discipline and execution needed to run it successfully.

I’m hearing Dantrell Barkley will be a commit soon.Barkley a 6’3" 285 pound defensive lineman played high school ball at Kannapolis Brown.He played the last two years at Independence Community College in Kansas before committing to the Gamecocks of South Carolina.He has since decommitted from the Gamecocks and looks headed to Charlotte.

Dantrell is already committed man. Super excited about him.
https://twitter.com/DTPLAYINGDT

Wesley Bullard committed to us yesterday from JP Warriors Prep School. He’s a Shelby Crest guy. Older brother was a first round draft pick by the Bears. Kid is electric.

clt says the fb program seems to be more aggressive for some reason.