2018 Football Recruiting Thread

I have seen a few commitments over the past week or so on twitter and wanted to see if anyone has information on these guys.

Charlotte’s all time leading tackler is a Charlotte kid. Karrington King, went to Charlotte Catholic, undersized, was given a PWO and turned that into a great legacy here at Charlotte.

Charlotte’s football twitter put out that they were looking for the “Next Karrington King” well here he is, only he won’t be coming here if you offer him a PWO, he’s too good. I coach this young man, missed the first four games of the season with a broken foot and still had 15 sacks in 11 games. Stud.

C/O 2019, Kevin Coss, Charlotte Catholic 6’2" 225(honestly may be taller now).

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6279786/59cec5ca42065b2cd8ff6283 Jr year highlights. If only Charlotte was looking his way.

How do you find the FB dinner on the Judy’s stupid website? I can’t find it.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:102, topic:30832”]Charlotte’s all time leading tackler is a Charlotte kid. Karrington King, went to Charlotte Catholic, undersized, was given a PWO and turned that into a great legacy here at Charlotte.

Charlotte’s football twitter put out that they were looking for the “Next Karrington King” well here he is, only he won’t be coming here if you offer him a PWO, he’s too good. I coach this young man, missed the first four games of the season with a broken foot and still had 15 sacks in 11 games. Stud.

C/O 2019, Kevin Coss, Charlotte Catholic 6’2" 225(honestly may be taller now).

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6279786/59cec5ca42065b2cd8ff6283 Jr year highlights. If only Charlotte was looking his way.[/quote]

You know good and well that Charlotte is outside our main recruiting area. Thats simply too far to travel for recruiting.

Milan Howard of Catholic who got offers from The Citadel, Richmond, Elon and Charlotte among a few others will be committing to either The Citadel or Richmond.
He could play here, another local kid gone.
Hate to be so negative with recruiting but with this staffs just pure stupidity when it comes to recruiting the 50 mile radius around Charlotte it’s hard to find anything positive.

I would hope we are not going head to head with Elon and Richmond for recruits or we are in trouble. I think we we’re not real strong on him

We should’ve been, he could play here. We’re not only head to head with them, we lose recruiting battles with them. This staff is completely incompetent.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:105, topic:30832”]Milan Howard of Catholic who got offers from The Citadel, Richmond, Elon and Charlotte among a few others will be committing to either The Citadel or Richmond.
Hate to be so negative with recruiting but with this staffs just pure stupidity when it comes to recruiting the 50 mile radius around Charlotte it’s hard to find anything positive.[/quote]

I thought I read where he had already committed to The Citadel

[quote=“mojoniner, post:108, topic:30832”][quote=“NinerAlum18, post:105, topic:30832”]Milan Howard of Catholic who got offers from The Citadel, Richmond, Elon and Charlotte among a few others will be committing to either The Citadel or Richmond.
Hate to be so negative with recruiting but with this staffs just pure stupidity when it comes to recruiting the 50 mile radius around Charlotte it’s hard to find anything positive.[/quote]

I thought I read where he had already committed to The Citadel[/quote]
That won’t last, believe me.

I think this thread is going a little sideways.

We need kids that are going to help us beat CUSA teams. At some point we are going over board bashing our own staff.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:110, topic:30832”]I think this thread is going a little sideways.

We need kids that are going to help us beat CUSA teams. At some point we are going over board bashing our own staff.[/quote]
Negative. Our football staff is garbage on its best day sans new guy we don’t know yet. We recruit too many FCS chumps and I would say that to Lambert. It’s flat irresponsible to choose this as your profession and not be able to land smaller FBS kids. And to boot, local coaches mock us.

[quote=“metro, post:111, topic:30832”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:110, topic:30832”]I think this thread is going a little sideways.

We need kids that are going to help us beat CUSA teams. At some point we are going over board bashing our own staff.[/quote]
Negative. Our football staff is garbage on its best day sans new guy we don’t know yet. We recruit too many FCS chumps and I would say that to Lambert. It’s flat irresponsible to choose this as your profession and not be able to land smaller FBS kids. And to boot, local coaches mock us.[/quote]

exactly. they need to be criticized. they are failing.

We can’t bash them for “no other offers” and then get mad at them for not poaching a kid with an offer from Elon. I’ll stand by that.

I’m not saying our recruiting classes shouldn’t be better. I’m saying that in this thread we have discussed that our kids only have offers from FCS schools and how that’s a problem, then get mad at our staff for not recruiting kids that only have FCS offers.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:113, topic:30832”]We can’t bash them for “no other offers” and then get mad at them for not poaching a kid with an offer from Elon. I’ll stand by that.

I’m not saying our recruiting classes shouldn’t be better. I’m saying that in this thread we have discussed that our kids only have offers from FCS schools and how that’s a problem, then get mad at our staff for not recruiting kids that only have FCS offers.[/quote]

How about neither? That’s like saying you’re building a house and your two choices are no roof or no walls.

[quote=“metro, post:114, topic:30832”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:113, topic:30832”]We can’t bash them for “no other offers” and then get mad at them for not poaching a kid with an offer from Elon. I’ll stand by that.

I’m not saying our recruiting classes shouldn’t be better. I’m saying that in this thread we have discussed that our kids only have offers from FCS schools and how that’s a problem, then get mad at our staff for not recruiting kids that only have FCS offers.[/quote]

How about neither? That’s like saying you’re building a house and your two choices are no roof or no walls.[/quote]

I agree totally

I find it slightly amusing all the tweets coming from the Charlotte Football account over the past few days in relation to Mecklenburg County.

The fan base shouldn’t have to micromanage our coaching staff. Recruiting local talent should be intuitive.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry about this. I am glad if the staff has decided to put more focus on the talent rich Charlotte area, but I am sad if they are responding to this message board. Professional coaches should not need the help of a bunch of fans to plan their strategy, but it looks like maybe that is what is happening. Dance monkey, dance.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry about this. I am glad if the staff has decided to put more focus on the talent rich Charlotte area, but I am sad if they are responding to this message board. Professional coaches should not need the help of a bunch of fans to plan their strategy, but it looks like maybe that is what is happening. Dance monkey, dance.[/quote]
What I am sad about is the Hough HC met Lambert for the first time yesterday. The dude has been on the job for over a year as head coach and been at Hough for 2-3 years total I think. Shouldn’t be just meeting now, but at least theyre somewhat trying.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry about this. I am glad if the staff has decided to put more focus on the talent rich Charlotte area, but I am sad if they are responding to this message board. Professional coaches should not need the help of a bunch of fans to plan their strategy, but it looks like maybe that is what is happening. Dance monkey, dance.[/quote]

D.O.B.A.

It’s the smart and common sense way to recruit for a local school…but it seems like they are only doing it now to save their job by appeasing the angry (and highly effective) NNN lynch mob.