2018 Football Recruiting Thread

I am glad they are at least trying finally. I hope they are developing a recruiting game plan which I think has changed every year or so. When Radcliff was here we were in the area hard, then we went to Florida hard, and now maybe a new plan that includes the Charlotte market.

When Ratliff was here he was at several schools damn near everyday, a MC asst coach once told me “We couldnt get rid of him!!” same with Kannapolis. The man knew what to do.
We need to get back to that, owning Charlotte and being at a handful of schools as often as we can, those schools being: Mallard Creek, Hough, Vance, Catholic, Christian, Butler, Myers Park and the Rock Hill schools.

Losing Ratliff was huge. But I am sorry, every business entity loses key people.

Lambert should of been on a mission to replace him with a young coach/sales guy who knows Meck Co. ITS NOT THAT HARD. Baseball has that guy, Bo Robinson

Again, I am very realistic since I’ve watched this on extremely personal level for baseball and softball as. We will lose recruits 90-95% of time to BCS P5 programs. What I do however expect is be in the mix 100% for every non P5 kid in 200 mile radius. Lambert only mentioned 1 guy he stole from USM in 2018 signees.

I would love to see a spreadsheet of 2018 FBS signees in NC and SC that signed to NON P5. Thats where we are getting massacred

clt says this chat page is the most powerful force in charlotte.

WE are the servant leaders.

Started noticing about two weeks ago that there was a very deliberate effort by our football staff (through social media accounts) to show that they are reaching out and recruiting locally. I imagine that the comments from local coaches a few weeks back were pretty embarrassing, and absolutely will not play well with whoever is the next AD. This all may be a little too late though. Lambert is a dead man walking. No way in hell a new AD keeps this staff around after 2018, barring a miracle season.

When Ratliff was here he was at several schools damn near everyday, a MC asst coach once told me “We couldnt get rid of him!!” same with Kannapolis. The man knew what to do.
We need to get back to that, owning Charlotte and being at a handful of schools as often as we can, those schools being: Mallard Creek, Hough, Vance, Catholic, Christian, Butler, Myers Park and the Rock Hill schools.[/quote]

Yep and I would be in Shelby and Crest as well. Lotta talent around. We’re not gonna get the guys that Clemson, USC, UT, etc want but I’ll take the 5th or 6th best player at most positions in our area and we’ll be fine

We need to get back to that, owning Charlotte and being at a handful of schools as often as we can, those schools being: Mallard Creek, Hough, Vance, Catholic, Christian, Butler, Myers Park and the Rock Hill schools.[/quote]

Yep and I would be in Shelby and Crest as well. Lotta talent around. We’re not gonna get the guys that Clemson, USC, UT, etc want but I’ll take the 5th or 6th best player at most positions in our area and we’ll be fine[/quote]

And build a relationship that this would be a great place to transfer if we lose them.
There is no reason ever to burn a bridge. You never know if kids have a little brother, friend, cousin or nephew that might be better than them.

The amount in talent in a 50-70 mile radius of Charlotte is mind boggling. We aren’t gonna beat out Carolina or State or many recruits, but hell we could beat out schools like Duke, JMU, other CUSA schools that recruit this state.
And like said earlier if we do not get the kid, then establish great relationships anyways because that kid may not like it at whatever school he is at and transfer, case in point the AL Brown kid who is coming here instead of South Carolina although that may not be a result of a great relationship, that’s the kind of situation that having strong relationships with local HS’ will produce.

I think criticism from local coaches played more of a role for the change than fans/NNN complaints. Hard to say neither had an affect though.

Its sad it wasn’t intuitive for the coaching staff to recruit more from their own backyard with the amount of talent in the area.

Yep and I would be in Shelby and Crest as well. Lotta talent around. We’re not gonna get the guys that Clemson, USC, UT, etc want but I’ll take the 5th or 6th best player at most positions in our area and we’ll be fine[/quote]

don’t forget spartanburg.

clt says people forget that we picked up a South Iredell kid.

Yesterday was Junior Day at Charlotte, 2K do you have a list of players who attended? I know 6 from Catholic did.

[quote=“NinerAlum18, post:132, topic:30832”]Yesterday was Junior Day at Charlotte, 2K do you have a list of players who attended? I know 6 from Catholic did.[/quote]Ha! I’d only be able to pull a list of kids that tweeted something, don’t believe the staff will share lists with me.

We’ve landed a late pledge from a JUCO RB, Keshan McGaugh from Butler JUCO. He’s looking to enroll in July.

http://www.butlergrizzlies.com/sports/fball/2017-18/bios/mcgaugh_keshaun_9zgf