2019 Football Recruiting Thread

That’s big time! Now lets go land some more quality recruits!

3 Likes

clt asks why did we not previously offer?

1 Like
2 Likes

Graduated high school with my daughter. Good kid

1 Like

A four-year letterman for head coaches Darryl Brown and Pat Neal at Grimsley High School…Was a team captain his junior and senior Seasons…Selected for Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas and helped North Carolina to a 17-10 win over South Carolina…Named to USA Today North Carolina All-State first team as a senior…Earned Metro 4-A All-Conference first team accolades as a senior…Selected as Grimsley HIGH SCHOOL team MVP as a senior…Registered 75 tackles, 5.0 sacks and one interception his senior Season…Rated a four-star prospect by Rivals and earned three stars from 247Sports, ESPN and Scout…Ranked No. 19 at his position and No. 5 in North Carolina by Rivals…Ranked as the second-best safety in North Carolina, 18th in the East and No. 33 in the country at safety by Scout…Ranked No. 33 at outside linebacker and No. 20 in North Carolina by 247Sports…Ranked No. 38 at safety and No. 18 in North Carolina by ESPN…Lettered in track & field and wrestling one time each.

had a bama offer. kind must be decent. just bc he didnt play a lot as a rs freshman, does not mean he is not a big ten level player.

Health issues at home are real. I’d imagine we push for hardship waiver.

Hate to hear about the health issues in the family, but happy to have him as a 49er.

1 Like

health issues are familiar in this family right now, so my heart goes out. but i welcome Brelin, send prayers to him and his family and encourage him to kick ass as soon as as he can suit up.

5 Likes

Looking at his offers, there are some P5 $chools closer or just as close to Greensboro as we are. Glad he chose to be a Niner! Hate that it was because of family health issues though.

1 Like

I thought that too. Maybe he’s thinking playing time will be quicker to come by here and more of it. If so he’s probably right.

I wondered this a while back. I had seen his profile, and saw that ODU had offered him, and couldn’t figure out why Lambert and company did not offer this kid (Kennique Steward)

13% of FBS players transfer. We should recruit all kids, including P5. Never know when they want to come back home.

Another :star::star::star: commitment

7 Likes

Making some site changes, say hello to the COMMITMENT TRACKER

3 Likes

And now for the OFFERS Tracker:

2 Likes

Sounds like we’ve solved our soft DB problem real quick.

1 Like

let’s also not forget about the freshmen this past season who redshirted. what rs freshmen do you guys anticipating having the biggest impact this season?

clt bets pope