2019 Niner Baseball Thread

Glad I didn’t make the trip. Very ugly.

12-2 in the 4th

Hibbs with an all time bad year to have a bad year.

It’s a long year,but we have blown several opportunities already. We need a great season in conference.

Palinkas has potential to be a really good pitcher for us, but he has been up and down this season. I guess that is to be expected as a Freshman. He had been productive out of the bullpen the last few weekends after losing his starting spot in the rotation. Tough to come back when you spot a team 9 in the first 2 innings though.

On to the weekend series with Marshall. Keep your fingers crossed that Matt Brooks is listed as our Friday starter.

1 Like

Yeah, we gotta get Brooks back up and running. When you don’t get 6-7 quality innings from him on Friday it throws everything behind that out of sync. Behind Brooks we’ve got a number of guys that can get the job done, but have been fairly inconsistent. Case in point: the guy that gave up the big homer to State last Tuesday was the same guy that saved us on Saturday by throwing 5 innings of one-hit ball during the extra innings game.

Red Sox and Orioles play tonight on MLB Network. I believe all 3 of our guys are on the roster today. Look for Zach, TJ, and Brett to come into the game late as pinch hitters. Game is probably blacked out in Charlotte on MLB Network, but you can watch on MASN or NESN.

No Brooks listed in the rotation for this weekend:

Pinkney, McGowan, and TBA

WTH ? This has become a big problem. Did he re injure?

Not sure what it is. Hopefully nothing serious and all he needs is a little rest.

Interview with Bo Robinson:

https://thedirtbags.com/under-the-gun/

It has been a dream come true for me to play as well as coach at UNC Charlotte. Coach Hibbs was an intricate part in recruiting me out of HS as a player and getting me back involved in the program from a coaching standpoint. I am a Charlotte native and I have always had a great sense of pride playing/coaching for my hometown school. I have memories of a lifetime that I will never forget because of the great coaches and teammates that I had a chance to play for and with. The 4 year experience at Charlotte made a huge impact on my life and for that I am forever grateful. Now as a coach, I get a chance to give back to the school/program that did so much for me. I wake up every day excited to go to work because I feel like I am (in a way) still playing for my school but in a different role. Now I am a leader of young men who I am trying to help have the same experience that I had.

Nice. But oh the humanity?!?!? Where has this writer been for the past thirty years? UNC-C? Give me a damn break!

I agree, but dirtbags is good press for our baseball program.

I may be the 3rd biggest Charlotte baseball fan on this board and they are starting to tick me off. Just gave up 6 runs in one inning to freakin Marshall. Down 8-2 in the 5th.

1 Like

Guys calm down. Just wait until we get cusa recruits and ipf.

1 Like

3 pitiful performances in a row…outscored 36-12 over last 3 games. Not going to cut it.

He should have pulled that pitcher after the first run he gave up. Instead left him in for the whole inning and gave up all those runs…

Yeah, but that was the second guy. We pulled Pinckney after he seemed to settle in.

We’ve given up 36 runs over last 3 games… going to need some arms to step up in Brooks’s absence and soon.

FWIW, Pinckney had some type of injury when they came to get him out. Also, had just surrendered a home run and a walk.