2019 Niner Baseball Thread

It’s going to be tough if we can’t get Brooks back on the mound and going 7 strong innings on Fridays. His absence is throwing the rest of the rotation out of whack.

Frustrating night at the park for sure. It will be interesting to see what McGowan can do tomorrow.

Didn’t know about the injury. I knew he had just given up the homer and a walk,but normally that’s not enough to immediately yank a guy who seemed ok before those 2… The injury makes more sense…although that is the last thing we need.

Why not just move the Saturday and Sunday guys up a day in order to get the best available arms going instead of trying to cobble arms together to start a series? Seems illogical to me.

I thought they were looking at his wrist or hand at first, but I’m not sure. Either way, having to run Herbert out there in a hurry didn’t go all that well.

1 Like

Definitely not

1 Like

Back in the win column today. Wish we could have taken advantage of our opportunities on Saturday.

Exactly. Bruce and a few timely hits late saved us from the sweep.

ODU was swept at Southern Miss this weekend by an average of 10 runs per game. Hope we don’t suffer a similar fate later on.

On a positive note…Niners Women’s Club softball team swept a triple header from the 'Heels Saturday !

Anybody need 2 to the baseball game tomorrow? They are 111 (behind home plate) row E. 20$ for both.

I would like to see our Club Softball team play our Varsity Softball team.

4 Likes

Sounds like we will be getting Brooks and Pinkney back over the next two weeks. Hibbs was on 730 and said the injuries weren’t serious. Encouraging news.

1 Like

So, are you saying neither will go THIS weekend?

Remains to be seen. Hibbs was a little vague in his phrasing in the interview. the sooner the better.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Is Patrick Wheeler back on the bench? Anyone know his status?

Pinch hit in the ninth inning tonight. Must not be ready to play the field yet.

1 Like

Had to leave after 7 last night with the kiddos, but listened on ESPN 730 on the way home.

On the broadcast, Sean Fox said both Pinkney and Brooks threw bullpen sessions before the game last night, and barring any setbacks we would likely see both available this weekend.

Good crowd last night. Fun game overall even though we lost. Used a lot of pitchers.

Bb&t ballpark had more concessions opened so lines weren’t an issue for us at least.