GA Southern 38
New Orleans Bowl

Memphis 25
:football: FAU 10
Montgomery Bowl

Conference U Suck Always?

Holy crap!

1 Like

0-3 so far in bowl season with I think only Marshall to go since UABs opponent cancelled.

FAU losing to Memphis is not that surprising. I watched a good bit of that one. They are just really limited on offense and Iā€™m still upset we choked away our lead against them.

I didnā€™t see La Tech get owned by Ga Southernā€¦ That score though. Really?

I think we may be the worst G5 conference now

1 Like

We are. Lots of programs that are just happy to be there. Us under Judy (maybe still :man_shrugging:), utsa, fiu, and mtsu in particular. Then you gave teams with limited upside. Utep because of location and usm because of finances.

I feel like every team in the sun belt with the exception of ulm is striving to be better than they are.

Cusa is awful. Just awful.

We are and the gap is wide.

I understand the AAC is the ultimate goal but I really think the Sunbelt & CUSA need to merge or do something pretty soon. Sad to say but at this point the Sunbelt will probably be reluctant to water down their competition by merging or swapping schools with CUSA.

1 Like

I think this is the best idea. Needs to be more east west split up. CUSA has been good in football before, just had a down year. Who knew before the season that CC would go undefeated? Those type things you canā€™t predict. I would love to break off the TX schools and even LA ones and add app, coastal, GA, etc.

3 Likes

Yes. Would love to see CUSA East along with UAB & maybe USM, App, CC, Ga St & Ga Southern or even JMU if they want to go FBS. I donā€™t think we would lose much on the basketball side & would be upgrading football. This would seriously cut down on travel for everyone & increase ticket sales by making attending away games much more realistic for everyone. Could make that change short term & then see what the next round of realignment brings.

1 Like

CUSA now 0-4 in bowl games so far. Two more bowl games tomorrow for CUSA.Hopefully we get a win tomorrow and avoid being swept in this bowl season.

Per 49ersRock:

Game of interest - Dec 25th:

:football: Marshall 10
Buffalo 17
Camellia Bowl

Who is that buffalo coach? Back to back bowls over amazing CUSA competition. Show him the $$$

Lance Leipold.

He isnā€™t leaving Buffalo for any CUSA program. He will hold out for a good AAC job at minimum.

I also think this is the year he should go. RB Patterson is going pro. Thatā€™s his meal ticket.

See that Buffalo won without Patterson:

Docā€™s last game???

Man , cusa sucking hard this bowl season. Both wku and utsa getting handled right now.

Yeah we suck as a conference, but our champion isnā€™t even in a bowl. Such a weird off-season.

I would be pissed if I were Louisiana. Their season deserved a much higher profile game than UTSA.

1 Like

I retweeted that.

Almost retweeted this too:

1 Like

Guess ā€œfootball cognoscentiā€ sounded better than ESPN. Especially coming from an employee.