2020 Football Recruiting Thread

did this kid commit to us?

No. Short list coming soon.

When you really, really want a player, give him four offers!

1 Like
1 Like

Lambert…is that you?

I don’t know what #GoldBrickAS20CIATION means. It seemed like we had coalesced around #goldstandard, and while that does not have to be our only hashtag we need to be careful that we do not move from a focused social media approach, to everybody on staff doing their own thing like they used to. Perhaps this tag is an approved part of our branding. If so, good. Someone needs to own this from a strategic perspective.

What does the “20” in #GoldBrickAS20CIATION mean?

“20” is for Class of 2020 recruits. Pretty much all teams use a single—and unique—hashtag for their recruiting class.

FOR GOD’S SAKE get rid of the goldbrick reference!!! IT IS A NEGATIVE connotation/definition. What ignorant doof started this anyway??? PLEASE STOP IT NOW. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/goldbrick

Its a hashtag so it can’t state “gold brick”…

What the fuck ever. It needs to end, and soon. This will backfire AND VERY soon.

It won’t backfire because no ones knows what the fuck goldbrick even means.

1 Like

How will a hashtag backfire?

Back off the ledge. Never heard of goldbrick myself.

1 Like

It won’t backfire because we are irrelevant

#GoldBrickAS20CIATION

Gold SPACE Brick SPACE Association

Y’all need to chill, coaches use this kind of thing for recruitment. Its not for you, it’s for kids who are 17 and might want to play football here one day.

1 Like

My point was that our social media strategy and branding has been ineffective in the past at landing these 17 year olds. I want us to have a well reasoned, intentional, cohesive approach to doing this now and into the future. From now on let’s fail because we made a bad decision, not because we were not even smart enough to know we needed a plan.

We offered a giant human being a scholarship today:

1 Like