2021-22 College Basketball 🏀

Been some real head scratchers so far this season. In a game today, #14 Illinois led Cincinnati 23-8 with 12 minutes to go in the first half. Final score - Bearcats 71, Illini 51.

So far the Wes Miller hire looking good!

Scary moment at Cameron for Charlotte alum:

3 Likes

Watching #22 Xavier (4-0) vs Iowa State (4-0)…

Just remembering how far we have fallen.

This is good basketball. It’s very entertaining.

Xavier started slow, probably because they have a player out. Doesn’t matter… Next man up stepped in and the clawed back to take a lead right before half.

2 Likes

I am gonna confess to something I feel terrible about, but here goes:

I had to switch off the Maui tournament tonight.

Why? Because I cannot stand listening to Cory Alexander (believe he is an ex UVA star) call games.

I feel bad because apparently he is beloved at that network.

But he has this awful lecturing tone… which wouldn’t be so bad, except for he starts sentences with no idea where he is going, makes a bunch of extremely obvious statements, and then ends up at some random other obvious statement that he acts like is an insightful revelation. Empty announcer calories. It just grates my nerves.

Am I the only one?

Also, it occurs to me that I just described like 80% of all NFL broadcast teams.

1 Like

Yes, Alexander went to UVA. Final season in a decade long NBA / pro career spent with the Charlotte Bobcats.

One suggestion: mute button

1 Like

Oh My God Wow GIF

1 Like

Saw that. Of course, having to read a Rothstein cliche-ridden missive is the price one pays for the info! BTW, UC Davis spoiled the season opener at Utah State for new HC Ryan Odom, so losing to D-II Art U by 19 is a real head scratcher.

That is what makes our bed crapping that much more frustrating. This looks to be a great season for CUSA to become a multi bid league again. The door is open.

Ryan Odom and Randy Bennett exchanging “pleasantries” after Saint Mary’s narrow win over Utah State:

Here is the play in question. I would be heated if I were a USU fan:

Just to be a true Niner fan I watched the game last night to see the Coach we had on the sidelines and his team, style of play, etc. to see if I could torture myself.

Odom was a missed opportunity. His teams are averaging 83 points a game while playing better defense than we have seen yet with half the athletes. It was enjoyable college BB.

Don’t know if Beam was fouled or not on vertically rule but the last call was bad. Ref 10 feet away did nothing and other ref came from half court to decide the game. Bennett looked to be upset at Utah State assistant bitching about ending more than at Odom.

2 Likes

I do think we missed the boat on Odom. I have wondered sometimes if he would have been able to keep that team together if we had hired him.

3 Likes

Top 25 Gators (#20 AP; #22 NET) get chomped!

1 Like

More on the shocker in Gainesville: