2021-22 MBB - GW @ Charlotte, 12/4 2:00 PM ESPN+

Young was great today. Trapp played better than he had recently and same for butler. Khalifa is one of the best freshmen Iā€™ve seen us have since I started following the program 11 years ago. I continue to look for Braswell to take more of threadgills minutes. I liked what I saw from Garcia last year but was hoping for more growth to be shown with increased minutes this year. Still think he has great potential.

I thought we played well against a below average team today. I think CUSA will be much better this year since we joined from the A10, so hopefully we can play like this and get above .500 this year.

2 Likes

Thought we played an overall better 2nd half than in past games. GW never really made a run even thought they did get hot at the end. Still have not outscored a team in the 2nd half this year.

I like the starting 5 we played today. All almost scored in double digits. I like Threadgill, just needs to be more aggressive.

We beat a bad GW team. It wasnā€™t a sexy W however. 17 turnovers and some really ugly ones and some consecutively made you facepalm.

Braswell does more with his minutes to fill the stat sheet than Threadgill does so Iā€™m glad heā€™s starting right now. Braswell was 0-3 from 3pt though but two big inside dunks.Threadgills only fg attempt was a 3 pt air ball/block I believe.

Khalifa continues to impress. I canā€™t remember the last freshman we had that was as ready for D1 play.

The crowd for a nice Saturday was pretty pathetic.

70 degrees in December? Fuck going to a niners basketball game during daylight hours. If this was an evening game or a shitty weather day Iā€™m there, but I wouldnā€™t oass up this weather to watch Sanchez play his version of basketball.

I donā€™t blame you, I blame the AD and Sanchez.

Ferne stated in pregame talk that they were going to get into their offensive patterns earlier, they did, and it was entertaining. Hope you enjoyed your day, though.

clt says good luck getting a tee time today

Young was ready as a freshman.

1 Like

True.

Thatā€™s fine but a terrible team scored 79 on our ā€˜defense firstā€™ team. Not a good sign for the rest of the season or our philosophy and execution.

Good to bounce back with a W but not pleased that GW had 10 steals and 9 blocked shots.

3 Likes

The unforced turnovers we committed kept us from pulling away. Was very frustrating to watch.

1 Like

Can the team some how win 2 out of the next 3? We need an Arkansas or wake win to get the bad Davidson loss out of my mind. We need all 5 starters to have great games in the same game.

Yea. So shitty of me to actually enjoy a win. Not saying we beat the reincarnation of the 1972 UCLA Bruins, but it was nice to see a game with a little pace, as opposed to the plodding we have been doing.
Everyone has been bitching about Sanchez not making any changes and he finally did. Iā€™ll be interested to see if we play faster against better teams or revert to what we were doing.
BTW, I donā€™t know if you have noticed, but playing slower on offense hasnā€™t exactly been a recipe for good defense. GW scored 79, but there were a lot more possessions on both sides because we werenā€™t holding the damned ball for 20 seconds before starting our offense. Tougher opponents ahead for sure.

5 Likes