2021-22 MBB - UTEP @ Charlotte, 1/13 7:00 PM ESPN+

The Miners (8-7, 1-2 C-USA) make the 1,500 mile trek to CLT to face the Niners (7-5, 0-0) in the 13th all-time matchup between the programs.

UTEP is led by first year coach Joe Golding following a decade+ at his alma mater Abilene Christian. The Miners attack revolves around guards Souley Boum (18.4 ppg), Jamal Bieniemy (14.2 ppg, 3.6 apg), and Keonte Kennedy (13.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 2.1 spg).

Series tied 6-6 and Miners won both games in El Paso last season - 70-47 (2-27-21) and 77-62 (2-28-21).

Not seeing this game on the ESPN + lineup of games for Thursday. Could someone please check on that! I see WBB @ Utep but not a MBB matchup.

Mine shows it as NCAAM

1 Like

Folks make sure you click on the link to add the UTEP game chat channel if you’d like to join in the discussion.

Found it. Thanks!

1 Like

Per this, Miners won’t have leading rebounder and third leading scorer Keonte Kennedy (13.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 2.1 spg) available due to injury.

Matt just said Trapp not available tonight. Also mentioned that UTEP will be without rotation guard Christian Agnew (18.1 mpg, 5.9 ppg).

Did he give a reason? If not, hopefully just covid

No reason provided on Trapp.

Is no reason actually saying something?

Threadgill finding his mojo?

Has he made a 3?

How do I … “click on the link to add the UTEP game chat channel if you’d like to join in the discussion?”.

What link?

Actually… I figured it out.

Young with 11 and Threadgill 10

1 Like

No. He’s missed a three. Played great otherwise and has 10. If that man could get his 3 working he could be real dangerous.