2021 Niner Baseball Thread

Let’s do it!! #CLT2022

1 Like

If you guys have young ballplayers be sure to sign them up for 49ers Virtual Baseball Camp.

Great value and you will help out the 49ers baseball staff tremendously. Remember, Volunteer Assistants rely heavily on camps to pay their salary and this will help out since all of the summer camps had to be cancelled due to Covid. Share if you can.

https://events.abcsportscamps.com/eventregistration/product/virtual-baseball-camp/

Here’s an update on who is playing where this Summer. It’s all subject to change. It sounds like the North Carolina CPL teams are in flux right now and a few guys may wind up without a Summer season.

2 Likes

Coach Woodard is asking for input on the new unis in multiple threads on Twitter, give him a follow if you want to get in on the discussion.

I’m in the NINERS camp, but it looks like I’m in the minority so far.

I’m with you.

1 Like

I like both, and probably prefer “Charlotte” most of the time, but voted “Niners” just to even up the numbers some

2 Likes

I’m with the majority on this one. Charlotte all the way haha. He’s tossed a few other things out there about our unis, really cool he’s getting fan input on them.

1 Like

This is going to wind up being one of the best, maybe the best, sets of uniforms we’ve ever had.

Pinstripes are a traditional uniform. ‘Charlotte’ on the front of them to me is more traditional than ‘Niners’. But don’t get me wrong, i use the term Niners all the time. A script ‘Charlotte’ across the front of the pinstripe top would look great.

4 Likes

May be old school way of thinking but I’m always mascot name on home jerseys and city/school name on road jerseys.

2 Likes

That’s my thinking as well.

Big transfer news! @CharlotteBSB has landed sophomore infielder @knightaustin14 from the University of Tennessee. Eligible immediately. Welcome to Niner Nation!

4 Likes

We’ve now added 3 players from “power 5” schools in this recruiting class.

Thomas Caufield from UNC-CH via Pitt CC last season.
Jack Dragum from UVa via Louisburg last season.
Austin Knight from Tennessee

Knight was the opening day starter at 3B for the Vols. Dragum started at 2B as a Freshman at UVa before transferring.

3 Likes

Niners are winning recruiting battles against MLB teams!! :rofl:

Marozas is 6’8" 240 RHP , and has been clocked at 98. Chose us over Miami and others. Big time arm.

1 Like

Baseball getting it done.

Found this. High potential, but hasn’t pitched much lately.

Marozas, 21, was originally part of Kentucky’s 9th ranked recruiting class in 2017 before transferring to San Jacinto College in Pasadena, Texas. The 6-foot-7, 225-pound right-hander only made two appearances (one start) this spring, going a combined 4.0 IP with four strikeouts. The Plainfield, Illinois native was previously regarded as one of the top pitching prospects out of the state. He was ranked by Perfect Game as the No. 1 righty and No. 2 overall ranked prospect from Illinois, accompanied by national rankings of 59th best right-hander and 163rd overall prospect in 2017. He was even considered by some to be a “potentially very high draft pick and/or an elite level college prospect,” before Tommy John surgery wiped out his 2018 season.

1 Like

Not many stats out there on Marozas, but I found his numbers from last summer in the Prospect League. He had 18 Ks in 14 IP over 2 starts & 4 relief appearances. Only 6 BB.

Excited to see what our coaching staff can do with him.

Here he is in an exhibition this past fall vs the Texas Longhorns:

The school he is coming from has become known as a ‘pitching factory’. Some of you might be familiar with them since Luke Little from East Meck went there and was just drafted in the 1st RD by the Cubs. Another pitcher Mitchell Parker, got drafted by the Nats in the 5th RD this year. They had a loaded staff.

clt says luke little has a plus plus plus arm

Incoming recruit Lucas Martino has signed a free agent contract with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Assuming that he signed for the max this year of $20k.