2021 Spring Football Practice

Fans looking for a sneak peek at the Charlotte 49ers 2021 football season will get their wish.

Head coach Will Healy and the 49ers are excited to announce that they will be hosting the annual Spring Game, April 24 at 12 noon at Richardson Stadium. The event will be open to the public. The capacity of the stadium has been set at 3,890 in accordance with current state health guidelines that call for limited capacity and social distancing. Face coverings will be required.

β€œWe’re so excited to be able to play in front of our fans,” said Healy. β€œIt will be great to build on our momentum and I know our guys will be thrilled to get back onto the field with that buzz and that atmosphere.”

Admission for the event is free, however those interested in attending must request tickets through an online form. Ticket requests will be taken until capacity is reached. Tickets will be sent via email starting on Monday, April 19. Fans with questions can contact the ticket office at 704-687-4949 or email niner@uncc.edu.

UNC Charlotte students can request their game ticket via the TicketReturn Student Portal starting Wednesday, April 14 at 8am. Students can find all ticket and game day information on Charlotte49ers.com/students.

Parking will be available in CRI 2, CRI 3, and CRI Deck on a first-come, first-served basis. Tailgating will not be permitted.

In addition, the 49ers baseball program will move its April 24 doubleheader with Old Dominion to 2 p.m.

I am looking for a scientific reason why tailgating (which is done outside) will not be permitted? One can go to a restaurant or bar and sit amongst strangers and eat and drink but not sit outside with acquaintances and do the same. Inquiring minds…

5 Likes

There is another thread for that. You will find some friends there.

1 Like

Yes that for sure sucks. I dont like it one bit. But at least we get a spring game. Honestly though, wonder if they would stop us from doing some tailgating. I doubt it

I will see if I can find the thread about the 2021 Spring football game not allowing tailgating. If you can point me to it, please advise. It will save me a lot of time.

1 Like

clt says tailgating won’t be officially allowed

It’s official. NIKE says just do it.

TAILGATE- β€œhost or attend a social gathering at which an informal meal is served from the back of a parked vehicle, typically in the parking lot of a sports stadium.”

Just don’t serve a meal and you’re fine I guess

clt says to serve a formal meal and you are ok

Spring Game is sold out…

Glad I’m one of the lucky ones.

Has anyone received their confirmation for the spring practice?

I signed up but heard nothing.

Wondering if there’s still a chance or they’ve alerted everyone who got a spot already.

I will run through the fence if needed

I was told that they would be given out the week of. They are sold out but I am pretty sure they have my 2.

1 Like

I completed the on line request form and it seemed to β€œtake” so I think I’m good to go. My understanding is that a link for print at home tickets will be emailed to us at some point.

Karen Hill keeping everyone 20 feet apart. No tailgates lol

I am bringing a couple of chairs and some adult beverages anyway. We will see if they throw me in the University jail. LOL

3 Likes

clt says bring some a bo box, some dmb and smoke. No issues

I just bought my season tickets and parking pass. It’s time for another bowl game!

4 Likes