2022-23 C-USA Basketball 🏀

Close call to D-II school… at home.

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 10.12.28 PM

1 Like

scared scooby doo GIF by Boomerang Official

As CUSA’s best team falls to the same Toledo team that kicked our teeth in, I feel obligated to mention this:

Kow­al­czyk, who was hired in 2010, makes an an­nual base sal­ary of $325,000 and re­ceived $135,000 in mar­ket­ing com­pen­sa­tion in 2017-18.

1 Like

Toledo 93 UAB 85, final

Toledo vs UAB was a Kenpom top 100 matchup in the inaugural Barstool Invitational in Philadelphia so hopefully won’t hurt #47 Blazers ranking too much. For a team being touted as a possible at-large NCAAT team, UAB can’t afford many losses. #83 Rockets picked a close #2 in the MAC behind Kent State, so have a good squad.

Speaking of C-USA basketball, WKU played Eastern Kentucky in front of 6,300+ in EKU’s 6,500 seat arena last night. Most will remember this player:

1 Like

How in the world can he still be playing college basketball, his eligibility has to has to have ended

1 Like

Comedy Stare GIF by Barstool Sports

1 Like

https://wccsports.com/watch/?sid=493984

St Mary’s is kicking UNT’s asses so far. Mean Green having some trouble scoring against a good defense. UNT defense looks solid, but St Mary’s is scoring anyway.

Good lord it’s 23-4 St Mary’s. UNT is literally like 1-20 from the floor. I think St Mary’s is 9-13, with about half of those being 3s.

St Mary’s looks like a team that has to deal with Gonzaga regularly. They look really really good at both ends of the floor.

I think UNT has a big man named Iti… Trying not to be triggered.

It’s 26-4 now.

Wasn’t expecting #67 UNT to win at #38 Saint Mary’s (#s per Kenpom) but didn’t expect the Gaels to jump on the Mean Green like that. Wow!

I gotta find a box score…

UNT went 4-27 from the field, down 33-12 at half.

As bad as that sounds, UNT went on an 8-1 run to end the half or it would have been worse!!

BRUTAL!

Perry’s absence even more significant than that of the aforementioned Rubin Jones as former is top returning scorer from last season at 13.5 ppg.

From the Action pregame write-up:

Just reading that neither Perry or Jones has been available so far this season, which would explain a lot about the Mean Green’s anemic start in barely beating a non-D-I and getting punked by SMC.

I watched a portion of the second half and the commentators mentioned that NT has been dealing with a flu outbreak as well.

FWIW:

No way is Davidson top 25 mid major.

3 Likes