2022-23 Niner Basketball 🏀

Well, they are posting about the non-basketball activities, which is fine. Just give us some hoops stuff too!

Im not talking about on social media. Im talking about the actual website. Nothing posted since before the team went down there.

It is very difficult being a Charlotte fan. I cannot believe that there is no streaming of the game. No info about first game either.

These games are basically just practices.

There are scores on U of Calgary’s website for their other games down there. Just not ours.

I’m not a knee-jerk 49er complainer on here, but this is inexcusable! Here we are playing in a preseason tournament. Okay, so no streamed coverage. Too expensive, impossible…whatever. But there is absolutely NO excuse for not having somebody assigned to keep NN.N up-to-date some how DURING THE GAME! Much, VERY much, less for neglecting to offer post -game details! As a laid-back, ancient, faithful follower of all things Norm, I feel deeply that the AD owes us an explanation and an apology. AND a PROMISE! I have never felt that the AD was dissing us until today. Now I wonder.

1 Like

I need one of those T-shirts…

Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

1 Like

Not 4 minutes later…

1 Like

FWIW, we beat them about the same as Pepperdine, who went 7-25 last season, and lost at Rice 82-63 to start the season.

One website predicts Pepperdine to finish 7th of 10 in WCC this season:

7. Pepperdine: Can Lorenzo Romar turn things around? Despite a one-win WCC season last year, Pepperdine’s young core, led by sophomore bucket-getter Houston Mallette, leaves a lot to be excited about. Mike Mitchell and Jan Zidek should also see some development this offseason. The big addition, however, is Boubacar Coulibaly (USC), who addresses Pepperdine’s biggest need: rebounding.

Those scores are not impressive and lower than I was hoping to see. I realize it was basically a practice game so maybe I am over wishing.

Scrimmages don’t count.

The last time we played Canadian teams on a tour of Canada, I think our average margin of victory was 30 to 40 points. Hoping Calgary is really really good and we’re very rusty. Doesn’t look too good for Ron.

1 Like

Im confident ron is in his final season but i also doubt we played our starters a ton and probably mixed and matched lineups. What i want to know is, how was our defense?

‘Cye?
Bobby buckets?
Josh?

Who??

3 Likes

Jan Zidek has to be George Zidek’s son.

It soundslike aly and threadgill didnt play. Josh aldrich is xfer from upstate, bobby buckets is braswell, Cy is patterson from Missouri state

I hope we were really mixing up the lineups. Also, this would have been Calgary’s 5th and 6th games in a row. Either they were starting to gel, or they were gassed and it looks even worse. It’s early, we’ll see.

Im not saying this to be optimistic bc i think ron is still gone end of season but we had 1 guy play these 2 games(braswell) who played last season