2022 Baseball Week 1- USF Invitational - Louisville, UConn, USF (ESPN+)

Costly drop of a foul ball by Hansen, would have been out of the inning. Next pitch is a 2 run HR to get them back into it 5-3.

Colby Bruce makes his first appearance since 2020, comes in and gets out of a bases loaded jam!! Great to see (hear) him back at it!!

2 Likes

Hoping for a couple more insurance runs here.

1 Like

Patience at the plate pays off. Niners score 2 on a single and 4 walks. Now 7-3. 6 outs to go for W #1 this year.

2 Likes

Win No. 1 in the books. Hansen has a good start and Colby Bruce has an outstanding three innings to seal the deal. Good to have him back! Good all around effort today. So far we are making opposing pitchers throw a lot of pitches. 212 for UConn today. 181 for the Ville yesterday.

4 Likes

First of many, now let’s get out of here with two of three.

3 Likes

McCabe goes deep for the first time this year. 2-0 Niners in top of first inning.

2 Likes

I wonder if this play by play guy hires out to read bedtime stories to kids. He’d be good at that.

1 Like

5-0 T2, RBI single for McCabe.

2 Likes

Knight goes yard! This is enjoyable haha

2 Likes

We are on fire…

Knight with a 3 run Bomb

dingers-hit-dingers

3 Likes

This ump has a very liberal strike zone on the outside corner for RH hitters. That’s gotta be tough to deal with.

I take that back… He is calling that same pitch a strike on lefties too.

1 Like
4 Likes

I think this is probably the best, most professional and “fairly” called announcing duo i have heard on any espn+ broadcast of any sport. Kudos to USF.

1 Like

They’ve got a good setup. Three manned cameras and a production truck parked outside.

1 Like

Side note… brooms came out in Greenville today. Not like anyone would have predicted.

Wonder who they are blaming today?

4 Likes

I certainly hope Cunningham and Baker are OK. I’m glad they were both able to walk off the field.

I wonder why Brooks, Bost and Lothes weren’t used this weekend? I thought they were some of our best.

Yea. The play by play guy has a soothing voice. Thus, my comment.

The average baseball fan doesn’t know how good Bryant is.

1 Like