2022 Baseball Week 2- West Virginia (ESPN+ & C-USA TV)

Pulled a Niner. Down 5-4 in the 9th.

This entire athletics program is CURSED.

2 Likes

This one really hurts. We were the better team and should have won, but they really flat out STOLE that game from us. 8 stolen bases, is that right? Hope Austin Knight is OK

1 Like

Just for the record…I didn’t say it this time…so no hate mail please.

1 Like

Just stop…this baseball program doesn’t deserve that trash.

3 Likes

Amazing how some “fans” react to a Niner loss.
Tough game but this is a good team and will have a great year.

Go Niners.

1 Like

Exactly.

We get to choke 2 times tomorrow.

GIF by MLB

You might…

Defense has to be better. 2b booting the ball gave them a run in 8 and RF has to make that catch on lead off in 9th

I don’t have time for some of the stupidity here.

Just came by to say that since they are playing 2 tomorrow, we will be tailgating starting at 8 AM. Maybe we will see some of you there.

6 Likes

It is always the same small group of “fans” (haters).
Ignore them and Go Niners!

1 Like

I’m not hating on us. We coulda won today. They played great D and we let a couple plays get away. That’s baseball. Let’s win two tomorrow.

1 Like

Hard to wrap my mind around an 8AM tailgate. What kind of beer goes with scrambled eggs? :grinning:

All kinds.

3 Likes

Any update on Knight?

Great catch by WVU centerfielder that robbed Butcher of a game tying HR. I thought this might get Butcher going, he’s been struggling a bit so far this year.

Last reliever for the Mountaineers was throwing some heat. He hit 98 mph a few times.

I thought we played well yesterday. Dragum made a great snag of a liner at short late in the game. Our pitchers did well. Threw strikes. They played small ball to beat us. Bunts and a lot of stolen bases.

Great crowd. A lot of WVU fans. Our students were loud! Let’s get two today!

Can’t allow as many stolen based as we gave up

2 Likes

welp, we’re doing it again. Look like crap today.

Star Trek Beyond GIF

Through 6 innings giving up 7 walks and 4 stolen bases…doesn’t cut it. Plus only having 2 hits

1 Like