2022 Baseball Week 7- vs College of Charleston (ESPN+) At UTSA (CUSA-TV)

Hopefully there were a few Campbell fans there for the Old Dirty faithful to brag to about the Sun Belt.

1 Like

Great to see Hale pitch a gem tonight!! That was fun to watch. No hitter through 5, then we completed the shutout. Offense only needed 1 but put up 9 for good measure. This is the same team that beat #1 Texas 2 Tuesdays ago, so great win!!

5 Likes

I agree. Ive never seen Sims pitch anywhere close to that well. He looked good!

2 Likes

He looked more comfortable as a starter than coming on at a moments notice to ckean up someone elses mess :grinning:

1 Like

A little early for this, but BA has us as a 2 seed in the Vandy regional in their March 30 tourney projections.

CLT 2
USM 2
LaTech 3

Louisville 1
UNC 2
USC 3
UConn 3
Purdue 3
C of C 4

2 Likes

UTSA beat #11 TCU last night 12-8. That was their 2nd game of the week so far.

They used 5 pitchers on Tuesday, 6 pitchers last night trying to spread the load out and not burn arms for the weekend.

1 Like

We’ve only announced Giesting for Friday, The rest of the weekend is TBD.

He’s going up against RHP Luke Malone who has the lowest ERA in the league at the moment. No relation to former Red Sox great Sam Malone.

https://goutsa.com/news/2022/3/31/baseball-utsa-returns-home-for-showdown-with-no-23-charlotte.aspx

2 Likes

Man, it sure would be nice if David McCabe is healthy enough to play. I sure do miss seeing him at the plate.

2 Likes

Me too.

Aside from Marshall, who plays their games at the local YMCA, UTSA probably has the worst facility in C-USA. Their scoreboard is even worse than ours, and ours is 30 years old!!

They do have plans for a new stadium though. Not sure of the time line or the cost, or if any money has been raised, but these are from their 2019 Master Plan.

These renderings are from an architect.

No shortage of where a woman can relieve herself in that ballpark.

1 Like

UTSA announcer informing us that the wind is blowing toward the northeast. Very helpful, asshole.

1 Like

I’ll be able to watch these games in the AAC

1 Like

That stadium. Woof.

1 Like

Yikes…Giesting not impressive so far. Down 4-0 , still in the 2nd.

Error didn’t help either.

Yeah,but that only cost 1 extra run. Bats not doing much so far either though…laying an egg tonight.

Something I’ve noticed - UTSA has an ace. We don’t really have one.

Those errors in the outfield are killing us though. Can’t believe they ruled that a hit. Frustrating night so far, need to start drinking before I start breaking shit.

How many dropped fly balls can we see in one game? Sure it’s windy, but damn! This is going to be one game they should forget.