2022 College Football 🏈

If the argument is the SEC is the toughest league and deserves more spots in the CFP isn’t that just really saying whoever wins the sec should be title winner? Why give another sec team a chance when they already know who the best is in that league? FWIW I also felt the same about OSU. Michigan beat them so should have gone to the next team.

I’m kind of hoping the expanded playoff results in some of these 4 stars that are riding the aluminum at top SEC schools looking to actually play before their senior year in other conferences.

SEC is so far ahead right now. Expanding the playoffs will be freaking awesome for fans

1 Like

So we have:

9 Tulane 12-2 AAC

20 Troy 12-2 SunBelt

ORV
26 UTSA 11-3 C-USA (future AAC)

33 South Alabama 10-3 SunBelt

39 Cincinnati 9-4 AAC (future Big XII)

41 UCF 9-5 AAC (future Big XII)

Excited about the future in the AAC!!

2 Likes

CUSA just released the 2023 football schedule with dates. Ready for the AAC to tell us what dates we are playing.

1 Like

I had just posted in the daily musings thread that it was so refreshing not to give a crap about this.

That schedule does not excite me at all. So glad we got the call up

taco bell burrito GIF

clt says we need the burrito emoji to return

1 Like

That is so beautiful

1 Like

Good points. For as much as anyone still cares about the Heisman, shouldn’t we wait til after the season to award it?

2 Likes

That could add interest in the non CFP post season games as well if Heisman was after the post season.

2 Likes

Saw that CHeat DB coach Dre Bly was let go. His son is on our roster. However, the reason that is news is that he was their chief recruiter in the Tidewater area, which is the next big area to DMV, and usually littered with good players.

Nice opportunity for Poggi’s staff to get in there.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Daily musings and oddities :spiral_calendar:

See that AAC wasn’t among the 8 FBS conferences with an increase. In fact, lowest attendance ever per the graph, though still ahead of C-USA numbers.

And we were the attendance boat anchor of CUSA. Now do I think that is true for butt in seats, heck no. FIU, Middle TN, FAU all fudged numbers like crazy. FIU numbers are insane. I don’t think we fudge numbers like that but we can’t cast stones.

And in spite of us, C-USA among the majority of conferences experiencing an increase. But as you say, those numbers may be inflated. Moot point now.