2022 College Hoops Coaching Carousel

Kevin Billerman?

When Houston hired Clyde it was applauded as well. I think it’s just the normal reaction when a great pro goes to be a college coach. It’s worked but not often. All I know is we have hired 3 coaches and the best coaches we have had in that time frame are probably the interims that filled in.

Agreed. and as far as master plan goes, I think the master plan should be to fix basketball.

3 Likes

It got a lot of positive press the week of the hire.

Fake News

Jay Wright has retired at Villanova. Kyle Neptune of Fordham is taking his place.

Fordham can’t hire Tony Bennett. Maybe they’ll settle for his former top assistant.

Or Bobby Lutz.

2 Likes

Can we find our Jay Wright damnit? Seriously though, kudos to him for a fantastic career & beating those cheating bastards in the most satisfying finish of all-time. Left photos of that game winner on Cheat fans’ cubicles at my work the next day. They were mad, totally worth it though.

4 Likes

Neptune looked to be turning things around with the Bronx Rams not only on the court but the recruiting trail as well. In what turned out to be his lone season at Rose Hill, Fordham finished 16-16 - a 14 win improvement over the previous year.

Wow did not see that coming.

What a fantastic career though. Dude turned that program around and made them elite.

clt says NIL and the portal are killing college sports

2 Likes

Thought Lutz might get one of the openings in Oxford: