2022 College Hoops Coaching Carousel

Dude won 21 games and they fired him?

Are you trying to trigger the usual suspects @run49er ?

Fly was an FCGU assistant under both Andy Enfield (now at USC) and Dooley (now at ECU) before replacing the latter. Seems like his inability to get an NCAAT bid during his four seasons as HC was his undoing.

So you’re saying FGCU has higher standards than we do?

Pitt yet another P6 school that due to an excessive buyout amount will probably keep a coach who otherwise most likely would be let go:

Georgetown and Nebraska both decided to retain underperforming coaches in part because of exorbitant buyouts.

Good listen.

Per NA’s post above:

Charlotte alum out:

This explains Weber’s usually well groomed hair:

https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article259254290.html

On Wednesday, following a Big 12 Tournament loss to West Virginia at T-Mobile Center, he said he had vowed to grow out his hair until some of the teams that were tangled up in the recent FBI investigations that revealed NCAA recruiting violations were punished.

“We did it the right way,” Weber said. “We did it with our guys graduating. … I’m on the NCAA ethics committee. And on the meetings, I was told that they were going to take care of the people in the FBI stuff. So I told somebody, ‘I’m going to grow my hair until something happens.’

“Obviously, it’s still growing. That’s the sad part of our business. Lon Kruger told me the other day, think about all the guys in the FBI thing. They are all in the NCAA Tournament except one. So I’m just proud of what I’ve done.”

I’ve always kinda liked Weber, though I never followed him closely. I have to admire him for his integrity in this case.

1 Like

Now official:

Crean is the exemplar for not hiring a retread with past success who is on the downward slide.

Momentum is so important. I dont want someone with their best years behind them.

1 Like

Gotta think the Brian Gregory era in Tampa is done after USF (8-23) falls to UCF in the AAC Tournament. One overall winning season out of five, though none in conference play. Very similar to his five years at GT.

1 Like

Tough sledding in the AAC, he is a good Coach if he is not their Hc he will be a HC again, Gregory makes $1.4m/year….

Hunter at Tulane has put together Lethal Weapon 3, he will probably end up well over $1.5m/year there.

Have to respectively disagree about Gregory. His last ten seasons as a HC - 5 each at GT and at USF - are overall sub-.500 with zero NCAAT appearances.

Georgia Tech (2011-16): 76–86, 27–61 ACC

South Florida (2017-22): 65–90, 26–62 AAC