2022 Niner Baseball Pre-Season Thread

Just re-upped GSC and did season tickets this year. Hope it’s as much fun as last year.

4 Likes

After seeing several scrimmages and both exhibition games this Fall, I think the 2022 team has a great chance to be better than last year’s.

3 Likes

The WVU folks I set next to were very nice. They had a son playing. The father did not like being in the BIG 10! He said they did not have a lot in common with the most of the members.

New look for the GS Club this year. This might be the first time there’s been a logo for it.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Really glad that the First Pitch Dinner returns to an in-person format this year. We had a great time at the inaugural one two years ago. It’s an opportunity to connect with the program while helping raise money for it at the same time.

Long-time major league ump and former Niner baseball player, Fieldin Culbreth, ought to have a lot of great stories to tell as the keynote speaker. Should be a terrific evening!

2 Likes

Probably the 2nd best podcast I’ve heard Woodard go on.

2 Likes

Also, turf is about to be replaced at the Hayes. Spring practice coming next month!!

https://twitter.com/CharlotteBSB/status/1469011023462023168?s=20

3 Likes

OLD logo.

That’s the OLD turf. :rofl:

How long does turf last? Seems like we just replaced the turf.

Current turf was installed before 2016 season and it has lasted 6 seasons. There are several areas that have been patched over the years.

1 Like

I know that the football field was redone with real astroturf instead of the knockoff we had before. Do you know if they are planning on putting a better turf down? I always thought the baseball field looked kinda cheap for some reason.

Looks like they will be installing FieldTurf. The same brand that the Panthers recently installed.

1 Like

“Real astroturf” Something funny about that phrase. And yes, I know you are referring to a brand.

2 Likes

Me too…I also think the turf and outfield grass looked too different from one another.

We are in the baseball uniform tourney and our first round opponent is the team from up the mountain. I think voting starts today, so we need to get after it.

1 Like

Do they have the internet up there?

Here’s the link for our matchup. Screw Appies.

1 Like

Just voted and we are behind around 20% right now