2022 Softball 🥎

clt says let’s go,!

1 Like

Huge 5th inning, up 8-5 !!

Our pitching is not helping, they come back with 3 runs in bottom of 5th, tied 8-8

Happy Italian GIF

clt says 3 more outs, anyone is available

Damn! Pitching way off tonight. Went into the 9th up 9-8. They walked off with a 10-9 win on us. Every time we went ahead we failed to hold them.

I’m afraid that’s it. We’ll recruit pitching and win next year.

Edit: Marshall sucks. They ain’t going to postseason, either. And they’re ugly.

Any chance we make it?

Yea, good chance.

I think we are on the bubble for an at large bid and it is going to come down to how a few other teams do in their conference tournaments.

I think the selection committee is going to look at our 3 losses to Ga Tech and leave us out. The early season success in our home tournaments was a long time ago. Even that is tempered by an ugly blowout loss to Notre Dame. I appreciate what Chastain has done with the program and we need to make a push to keep her here for awhile, but IMO this season is over. I’ll be interested to see for sure if certain seniors who did not participate in Senior Day will really come back for a covid year.
Gold Glove is open for contributions, BTW.

1 Like

clt says the marshal strategy seems to have big players and hit bombs

https://twitter.com/jimmytouchstone/status/1525098780806287362

7 Likes

Not going to get a bid. Seventh seed and finish like we did? No way. Still enjoyed the season.

I disagree-----the bid is not a LOCK, but being left out is even further from a LOCK…“Finish like we did”? The team won 7 of their last 8 regular season games and then their first 2 tourney games before bowing out (after their 4th game within 36 hours).

1 Like

it’s definitely an issue of conflicting arguments:

non-conference schedule was EXCELLENT, and we performed well enough
RPI SHOULD be good enough
conference record and place in the standings was NOT good. 6 teams ahead of us, 4 of which are ahead of us in the tourney. Of the remaining 4 teams, only two of them have an RPI good enough to have a chance at an at-large. At large bids rarely leapfrog other teams in the standings.

1 Like

clt thinks we are in. winning 7of8 and strong rpi

North Texas wins in a breeze. We gave them the toughest challange by far. Playing at home is great for one team and sucks for the rest. I can only hope we get the next tournament and/or that the AAC is played at a neutral site.

AAC does not use neutral sites.

Looking forward to AAC adopting the curtain for future tournaments

1 Like

If I watched correctly, looks like North Texas is the only CUSA team to make the NCAA Tournament