2022 Week 1 - William & Mary @ Charlotte, 9/2 7:00 PM ESPN3

Fuck Mike Houston but whiffing on him set us back 10 years imho.

1 Like

Insulting Mike Houston apparently gets you flagged here by a loser

Heā€™s a douche but a damn good coach Iā€™d be happy to have

Finally something we agree on. That one hurt.

Just fire healy, hire Satterfield and we are on our way.

1 Like

Satterfields did it with Jerry Mooreā€™s players didnā€™t he?

I know his first season sucked. But I thought he turned it around when a bunch of Mooreā€™s recruits became upperclassmen.

My worse fear is that Hill will not let Healey go before the end of next year. Just hope Hill is feeling the heat and will do something quickly with both Ron and Will.

So if we canā€™t fire will and ron - which do we fire? As much as I want basketball to win I think probably have to fix football.

3 Likes

We should fire Judy!!!

Fire Judy again! Even in effigy . Letā€™s fire Judy, Major, Price, Lambert and Dubois in effigy every chance we get. That way we can have our ceremonial fire in effigy coaches in waiting join them as we have our new annual drunken ronfire celebration! We have a tradition of hiring and firing now, so letā€™s celebrate what has come to pass and what is to come. If you like, you could bring a Healy to burn in effigy

1 Like

Must maintain controlā€¦ā€¦

Is there a place on NinerNation.net that we are allowed to rant about this?

If so how do I gain access?

Editā€¦.

After researching the topic of the politics forum Iā€™m pretty sure I donā€™t want to join.

All Iā€™ll say is that Iā€™m kind of an old school guy who thinks if you borrow money you should pay it back and Iā€™ll leave it there.

And thatā€™s coming from a pretty die hard liberal.

Although I have been told Iā€™m so liberal that I have come all the way around from the left to the right. Whatever.

Go niners.

Iā€™ll be there Saturday to the bitter end.

2 Likes

I still have faith.

We will get better.

We will find better coaches.

We will win conference titles in the future.

3 Likes

Are any staff members released before the end of the season? Is someone gonna be blamed for the poor development and soft play of the team or will Healy ride out the season and see what happens at the end?

Can I get one of these shirts in green?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The EV news thread :electric_plug:

Healy gets paid a lot of money to win football games. I consider a loss to ranked FCS teams to be embarrassing. Losing to unranked FCS teams is unacceptable. I have no idea how he pulls his ass out of this fire but he has no one to blame for his ass being in the fire except the man in the mirror.

Free advice: Expand your amount of friends ā€œin the businessā€ by hiring people who arenā€™t already your friends.

The coaching world is complicated. A lot of hires are political, or who you know. A lot of times a head coach can want a guy, but he canā€™t afford him, so you have to go with a different option. Point is that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than the fans/media knowā€¦ so I donā€™t think this is something that we can soley blame Healy for, Hill could be equal to blame

1 Like

Coaching is a fraternity and hiring your ā€œfriendsā€ is a long time practice. It really isnt that big a deal, as the guys you have coached with are often friends and the ones you know best. Will isnā€™t the first and he wont be the last. There are two issues though - one when you are as young as will is with the limited experience his network is smaller and the second issue is if you let that friendship stand in the way when it is time to move on from someone - which was clearly an issue with Will.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Hunter_Bailey45/status/1567862013765844995

Markees Watts had the lowest # of DL snaps and horrible grades?

Why is Calvin Camp barely playing at all?

Our OL and DL, including guys we were high on, are all playing very poorly. This is FCS competition. No excuses. I donā€™t know how you can win games if you cannot recruit QB, OL/DL and DB. This roster is too challenged.

It looks like Cam Burden needs to play more.

Here is a screen cap of the entire thread: