2022 Week 9 Charlotte @ Rice 2:00 PM ESPN 3

Niners open as 16.5 point underdogs in Houston vs Rice (4-3, 2-1 C-USA).

jenna fischer saw GIF

clt says that is easy money

My best friend (also a Charlotte grad) moved to Houston in the last year so at the beginning of the season I thought this would be a great opportunity to visit him and go to this game lol. We are still going to the game but I’m hoping for at least good beer and barbecue in or around the stadium. I’m hoping to see a better mentality and effort by the team. Some of these players need to realize if you can’t cut it here you aren’t going to easily be able to play anywhere else. I would not mind seeing Xavier Williams start this game because he can at least run when given a lane or under pressure. I’m afraid Chris Reynolds is either injured or has David Carr syndrome after being hit so many times. I suspect Rice will chew us up on the ground playing a smart run game. I’d hope we would try to exploit any athletic advantage we have against them as they historically have had smallish less athletic guys. I don’t expect much, hope I’m surprised.

1 Like

I predict a huge upset CLT 27 Rice 24

1 Like
2 Likes

It’s embarrassing to be so damn bad that we get mocked by a third rate hack that has a job at ESPN because he or his daddy knows someone.

It’s worse that you really can’t argue with it

Well, Ryan McGee’s father probably did know someone being a college administrator and a football official, but the former didn’t need that to get where he is at ESPN, as well as earlier stints with FOX Sports and NASCAR Media Group.

https://twitter.com/statsowar/status/1584899812239245313?s=20&t=1kI11MQBpTUt4xi76iCOHA

Would be nice to get on a roll and get some positivity going into next season.

3 Likes

That may end up being the final result, but a team that has absolutely nothing to lose can be very dangerous. Would love to feed them a big ole piece of humble pie today. Don’t think that others will not remind them of that on Twitter if we are able to pull out a W.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I have an idea, let’s get a W!

1 Like

Prediction: Rice 35 Charlotte 31 We play inspired football, find our running game, and have a more balanced offense, but lose a close on in the end

Stick by my prediction, CLT 27 Rice 21

I don’t have a prediction but I think the scores will be in the 40’s. I think our offense will shake off the trainwreck from last weekend and come out on fire. Regarding our defense, your guess is as good as mine regarding which team shows up. Maybe Ross gave our defensive coaches more latitude to experiment versus Healy. Again, a team with nothing to lose can roll the dice and play a little outside of the norms. For some reason, I feel like we get the W with a last minute field goal but both teams will be in the 40’s.