2023-24 49er MBB Game #8 Charlotte vs Stetson 12/5 7:00 PM ESPN+

Can win a lot of games shooting like that.

7 Likes

They started out in a 2-3 zone and we wore them out in it. They had to switch to man

Fearneā€™s demeanor - he is pretty easy to like IMHO. His no bullshit honesty / transparency (without being mean,) comes across as casual confidence / competence, with a touch of genuine caring.

6 Likes

JT with 22 minsā€¦ Lowest of the season and 12 under his average. Also 5 points. Iā€™d like to continue to see a rotation where he sees less PT unless he steps up otherwise. Whatever he does in D does not outweigh his offensive deficiencies. Doubt itā€™s just a coincidence that our highest scoring game came when he had the least minutes.

Iā€™m a big fan of loyalty but the coach has to do whatever it takes to win the most games. I like JT and donā€™t like being down on him, but we were the best offense weā€™ve seen yet and he played the least. Letā€™s see if the trend continues.

3 Likes

No one played more than 24 mins. JT didnā€™t play much because no one did. Iā€™m with you on dialing back his minutes but I wouldnā€™t get my hopes up. He likely played less because we were just killing them.

Yeah I was not expecting much either. Niagu I had basically 0 faith in coming into the season, and while he has a lot of room to improve in several areas, heā€™s been better than I anticipated as well.

1 Like

Itā€™s nice to see our team play in a more free flowing style and not be restricted by too much ā€œcoachingā€ and structure. These kids are talented and athletic, and Iā€™m very pleased to see they are being allowed to fully utilize their personal talents that results in having a better TEAM. Weā€™ve scored 80+ points in our past 2 games. Thatā€™s entertaining and Iā€™ll bet the team is enjoying it too.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1732264385102672042

2 Likes

Itā€™s almost as if kids like playing offense?

3 Likes

Exactlyā€¦I started to mention Niagu in most post as wellā€¦but he hasnā€™t been AS MUCH of a surprise to me as Rieber.

We havenā€™t had a lot of blowout wins the last few years so I really enjoyed last night.

5 Likes

Nice win. Good to beat teams like that like we should and get the guys that donā€™t play much some run.

4 Likes

Coach had mentioned on Niners Live that a Niner connection with Stetson had a part in scheduling the Hatters. Stetson assistant Montay Brandon of Greensboro served as a grad assistant for the Niners prior to spending last season as an assistant at UMES. Played at Florida State.

BTW, see that Shawn Finney is also an assistant for Stetson. Will always remember when he, as HC of Tulane, traded "F-you"s with Lutz in a heated exchange in Halton back in the day! :grinning: