2023 49er Football Season 🏈

Everyone in the AAC pencils in a win against us next season. I like being misunderestimated. It’s time for us to teach a class in Biff Ball 101.

So that’s bet $1 to win $10,000?

100 dollars

clt says bet $100

I noticed the current odds of winning over 2.5 games went up from -120 to -175, meaning money is coming in on the over. I saw one site early on with a +140 over 2.5, but I did not trust the site. That site shows -180 now. I still think it is a good investment at -175. I may take a trip to Cherokee once they have the college football win totals available.

Where you live?

Tulane is loaded.

Maybe Navy is a good play here, they have 22 returning starters apparently and a number of returning QBs who can play in there system.

One wrinkle to these odds is the Team who finishes first in regular season gets the home game for the Final. Some conferences play on neutral fields.

1 Like

What does everyone think is our easiest path/most likely to become bowl eligible?

Wins over South Carolina State, Georgia State, East Carolina, Tulsa, Rice and USF? Thoughts?

I agree with that but think FAU or Navy at home we have a better shot than ECU on the road. I think we go 5-7 this year, but with the talent brought in, I could see us going 8-4. Definitely a wide range of outcomes this year with new staff and the roster flip.

Going up in class in Football and having to change out coach/players will make first year very challenging.

Good news is Tulsa, USF and FAU have changed Coaches, so may give us a chance. Although Tulsa typically has a really good offense and that game is on the road. USF typically has some talent but has struggled winning.

Navy may be too challenging of a system to face the first time for everything being new on our side (their games are typically close, so clock management will be key the way they control the ball for example). Have no idea about Rice.

Is Ga state a toss up game? Or will they be favored?

Obviously I would love for us to make a bowl game but I think 5-7 is a good prediction and still a solid improvement. Also, who knows 5-7 could still make a bowl.

5-7 won’t shock the world. Biff and his guys are working together towards shocking the world.

1 Like

5-7 is where I have us as well:

SC State W
Maryland L
Georgia St W
Florida L
SMU L
Navy W
ECU L
FAU L
Tulsa W
Memphis L
Rice W
S. Florida L

But it will be a respectable and optimistic 5-7, our defense will be able to physically compete with every team we play, and we will be in every game because of our ball control offense, our strength will be stopping the run with our front seven, so I worry about teams with high octane passing offenses ( Maryland, Tulsa, ECU, Memphis, SMU ) if we give up big passing plays we may not have the offensive system to come back, our secondary and wide receiver groups will be our weakest positions

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1610028747729817602?s=20

Cotton Bowl against a top 10 team.

Defense can win big games! And now that we are in the AAC we have an uncapped opportunity, anything is possible now. :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

1 Like

The whole fan base should. Then we all go on vacation to the bowl destination.

Charlotte at Maryland, Sept. 9, 7:30 p.m. ET on NBC

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1663638006979280901?s=20

5 Likes

Holy crap!!!

3 Likes

That’s huge!

Just confirming, is the NBC OTA?

Seems that way but have to ask since it’s such a big deal if accurate.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/96awallace/status/1663643649475846145

1 Like