2k starts the Marshall pregame chatpage

Al Pacino?

1 Like

Yes. Wasnā€™t that him in that speech from that football movie he was in?

Yes. Any Given Sunday.

1 Like

You just lost the man card

70 passing yards isnā€™t going to cut it.

1 Like

Wish we had won. Wish we had a new coach more. Better days ahead.

Our punt game is an abomination. Any fears of Lambert being retained have been allayed. Hope Hill has a Sanchez type hire queued up for football.

Iā€™ve seen our punter complete nice conventional football punts late in games. Why is he punting that ugly rugby style the majority of the time?

Did you miss the blocked punt?

Our oline cant block long enough for a traditional punt to set up.

We donā€™t run conventional formations on punt blocking, the blocked kick was on the far side of the field so I couldnā€™t see the scheme on it but we had a couple more near blocks with unconventional formations.

Letā€™s not forget the return last week happened because we were misaligned. One of the keys to life is to not complicate the simple things, thatā€™s another lesson we still have not learned.

That punt last week was a bad punt. Was supposed to be rugby style to the right (short side of field) but he hit it wrong and spiraled off his foot to his left where there was no coverage.

We generally punt normal when around midfield because Brad knows our punter can make it to the endzone. He did the same with Hart.

Either way, our special teams are abysmal. We arenā€™t good enough to consistently lose that phase of the game.

Thoughts on the game.
1). We lost a better team. Iā€™ve got no problem with the loss, I do feel Lambert made several serious mistakes.

2). I love we crammed it down their throat on the first drive, but I wonder why we went Klugh into get first downs on third and one with Lemay running so well.

3). Lemay had six carries on the first drive. He had 7 the rest of the game. Was he hurt? Finger and Camp combined for 11 carries. Klugh got 8. Iā€™m not saying run Lemay to death, but unless he was injured, he should have had more touches. Iā€™d also like to see McAllister get the carries Lemay doesnā€™t.

4.) Shirreffs was, meh. He held the ball too long and he paid for it. He had a couple of nice scrambled, but he did look hesitant. Lemay and Tucker had huge drops. If Lemay catches his little floater, he was gone. That play is well designed and worked nicely against WKU.

5). No turnovers is always a win. Shirreffs throw a pick in the first half against USM, and a garbage time pick against Tennessee. Those are our only turnovers in the last three games. Not bad.

6). Punting. Just a train wreck. Marshall almost got the one that was called back via false start. No adjustment was made and weā€™re down three. This has been a problem every year except 2017 (shout out to Arthur). Iā€™m ready for us to be able to do these simple things that competent football teams do. We donā€™t cover, receive, or even kick punts well.

7). Klugh. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I donā€™t hate Klugh in on offense. I just think heā€™s being used poorly. Have him hand off or throw the ball on occasion (which they did in this game). Have him be the slot receiver that goes in motion in front of the QB as a decoy. Lining him up in an empty backfield knowing heā€™s going to run up the middle just isnā€™t a great idea. Iā€™d rather him get regular RB carries over Finger or Camp.

8). The defense played a pretty good first half, but they had a tough time once the offense stopped get 1st downs. We couldnā€™t get pressure and it exposed the DBā€™s.

This went down kind of like we all expected it to and this gets us one week closer to November 26.

4 Likes