2k starts the UAB game chat page

Charlotte opened +16 :eyes:. You know UAB wants revenge after we won on a goofy play last year in OT.

16 point underdogs to a team that restarted football a year ago. Wow.

Maybe this one will get Lambert fired. This fanbase can only take so many more embarrassments.

He isnā€™t getting canned mid-year in my opinion. He maybe be told at some point this is his final season and be allowed to finish it out though.

2 Likes

We get to restart football next season.

We arenā€™t firing him mid-season. Thereā€™s nothing for us to win by doing so.

1 Like

We arenā€™t getting a lot of repect for a team that is first place in our division.

1 Like

Aesthetics, it says a lot to observers when you let someone not doing their job just hang around because of timing.

Aesthetics for whom though? Our next important ā€œcustomerā€ will be our next head coach. Iā€™d think it improves our chances of landing a reliable one if they wonā€™t have it in the back of their mind that they could be canned on a moments notice.

1 Like

Iā€™d say the one benefit of a mid-season fire would be that Lambertā€™s recruiting will cease. Granted, all recruiting will effectively cease, but at least we wonā€™t have to worry about anymore Lambert-era players getting offered.

Mike is going to get this ship back on course but itā€™s not the best look to let Lambert these debacles happen when we are striving for the gold standard.

At year 6 and 19-42 Iā€™m pretty sure any possible future coaches can look past a mid-season firing.

I would do it after the 7th loss, that sends the message about what is expected and we wonā€™t lose anything having Montgomery at the helm.

I donā€™t think it makes much of a difference if he gets canned midseason or at the end,nor do I really care honestly.

Goldmine live from today:

This made me laugh a little as I donā€™t think anyone would consider him getting fired mid-season as a moments notice. I get what you are saying, but bad choice of expressions. Here is some data to back up a mid-season firing and why I originally believed Lambert wouldnā€™t make it to Halloween. Tucker and Reynolds are making me back down a little bit from Halloween, but weā€™ll see how the next few games go.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/10/15/college-footballs-new-normal-the-midseason-firing/?utm_term=.10d89d08007b

I know some folks are annoyed by uniform talk, but it looks like we have another new helmet. white c-pick on the green helmet for Saturday.

1 Like

When this pick first popped up I thought ā€œDamn! That gold helmet is ugly! And whatā€™s wrong with our logo?ā€

1 Like

clt hopes some of the uab gold will work its way onto our helmets

1 Like

I think all green with gold helmets or gold pants/green jersey/gold helmet would be cool.

Iā€™m in the undecided camp where gold anything is concerned, leaning towards no.