2nd Annual March to the Endzone Football Rally and Tailgate

So what do I need to bring?

bring the womenā€¦we need some women there!

bumpā€¦ invite people on fbook dangit

HEY!

So I just discovered somethign awesomeā€¦ you can now sort your friends out on facebook when youā€™re inviting them to an eventā€¦ all you have to do is click hte ā€œfilterā€ button on the facebook invite screen and hit ā€œUNC Charlotteā€

Please do this and invite everyone you know that hasnā€™t been invited - this is REALLY IMPORTANT!

NNN - I need your help!!! You can do thisā€¦ it literally took me 5 minutes to invite everyone I knew from UNC Charlotte

thank you!

also, the AD is printing up flyers for us to pass out at WoW

All right peeps.

Lets make this thread a priority. There will be food, beer, friends and tons of fun this Saturday- Make sure you and all of your friends come out. Good opportunity to get back on campus, meet new people and support your Charlotte 49erā€™s football.

Is everyone parking out at the fields?

Yeah, iā€™m going to go ahead and set up out there (lawn chairs, cooler, etc. etc.) Hopefully will be near someone grilling out with extra food.

Do we have a confirmed time for tailgating and the march? I know there is a lot going on on campus on Sat.

Do we have a confirmed time for tailgating and the march? I know there is a lot going on on campus on Sat.

yeah man - march is happening at 2 - tailgate is technically from 2-5ā€¦ but the march has become part of the tailgate i supposeā€¦ so I would advise parking then walking up to the belk tower by 2! its saturday, so I assume parking will be free just like it has been my entire time at Charlotteā€¦ if youā€™re going to be grilling and/or tailgating direct I would say park down at the rec fields - if youā€™re just joining I would say union? perhaps?

time is in stone though

first page bump.

ANYONE GOT ANY GOAL POSTS THEY WANT TO BRING?

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc;427215]yeah man - march is happening at 2 - tailgate is technically from 2-5ā€¦ but the march has become part of the tailgate i supposeā€¦ so I would advise parking then walking up to the belk tower by 2! its saturday, so I assume parking will be free just like it has been my entire time at Charlotteā€¦ if youā€™re going to be grilling and/or tailgating direct I would say park down at the rec fields - if youā€™re just joining I would say union? perhaps?

time is in stone though[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks!

Iā€™ll be there with Mr. Sparty, mama & papa Sparty, the sister & the nieces!! Would bring Norm the pug, but I think it will be too hot. Weā€™ll be decked out in our jerseys (well, me & pops anyway) and I think weā€™re stopping at the bookstore to get the older niece a cheerleading outfit. Excited for some beer & food & cornholeā€”and Niner football, of course!

THREAD JACK STORY:
Sorry- meant to share this little anecdote the other day-
Sister taking the 3 year old niece to daycare the other day. Discussing going to HS football game with Daddy later.

Lucy: oh, mommy, I forgot my pom poms!
Sister: Oh- sorry
Lucy: Guess I will just have to wait and take them to the Go Niners games (this is how she refers to sports teams- except MSU is Go Greenā€¦sheā€™s 3)
Sister: yeah, thatā€™s probably a good idea
Lucy: Yeah, and soon Go Niners is gonna have a football team. I saw it in Charlotte!

And that was not my brainwashing- apparently she was riding in the car and spotted one of the billboards with the football helmet & logo and my dad mentioned something about ā€œGo Ninersā€ getting a football team. Again, sheā€™s 3ā€¦but I guess they donā€™t call her my ā€œmini-meā€ for nothing :slight_smile:

Sheā€™s worth meeting if youā€™re around on Saturday- come say hi :slight_smile:

/end thread jack

first page bump.

ANYONE GOT ANY GOAL POSTS THEY WANT TO BRING?

The old one is still in my garageā€¦ but itā€™s in about 50 piecesā€¦ haha

Maybe we save the 2nd goalpost for the year our team starts to play. Kinda a symbolic closing to the campaign, ya dig?

49erfanatics will be out in full force. Stop by our tent for a hot dog and some homemade ice cream. Weā€™ll be the ones with the awesome display of 49er football merchandise.

49erfanatics will be out in full force. Stop by our tent for a hot dog and some homemade ice cream. We'll be the ones with the awesome display of 49er football merchandise.

Oh weā€™ll be visiting! Princess Lucy loves ice cream (and shopping)ā€¦will it be cash only for merchandise?

I am planning on being there early - I think CFI should claim one part of the lot.

[QUOTE=spartyniner;427415]THREAD JACK STORY:
Sorry- meant to share this little anecdote the other day-
Sister taking the 3 year old niece to daycare the other day. Discussing going to HS football game with Daddy later.

Lucy: oh, mommy, I forgot my pom poms!
Sister: Oh- sorry
Lucy: Guess I will just have to wait and take them to the Go Niners games (this is how she refers to sports teams- except MSU is Go Greenā€¦sheā€™s 3)
Sister: yeah, thatā€™s probably a good idea
Lucy: Yeah, and soon Go Niners is gonna have a football team. I saw it in Charlotte!

And that was not my brainwashing- apparently she was riding in the car and spotted one of the billboards with the football helmet & logo and my dad mentioned something about ā€œGo Ninersā€ getting a football team. Again, sheā€™s 3ā€¦but I guess they donā€™t call her my ā€œmini-meā€ for nothing :slight_smile:

Sheā€™s worth meeting if youā€™re around on Saturday- come say hi :slight_smile:

/end thread jack[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s uncannyā€¦ my son is going to turn 3 soon and he refers to them as ā€œGo Ninersā€ too. He asked me the other day if we could ā€œgo see Go Niners at that big bil-dingā€ā€¦

I think you have to be a parent to appreciate that.

That's uncanny... my son is going to turn 3 soon and he refers to them as "Go Niners" too. He asked me the other day if we could "go see Go Niners at that big bil-ding"...

I think you have to be a parent to appreciate that.

Iā€™m not a parent, but as a damn good aunt I appreciate it :slight_smile: But true, most of the guys on here (esp. the younger ones) wonā€™t ā€œget itā€ or even find it amusingā€¦oh wellā€¦

I guess itā€™s because when theyā€™re little we teach them to say ā€œGo Ninersā€ or ā€œGo Greenā€ or whatever the teamā€™s fans say so thatā€™s what sticks. Alumnus, did your little one ever refer to them as ā€œGo Ninersā€??

[QUOTE=spartyniner;427430]Oh weā€™ll be visiting! Princess Lucy loves ice cream (and shopping)ā€¦will it be cash only for merchandise?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no sales. Display only. Barnes and Noble has the exclusive right to subject 49er fans to over priced gear on campusā€¦