49er Club mailer

So Yesterday I recieved a very professional and well done 49er club annual report. I loved btw, good idea.

Now my question to Judy Rose:
How can you actually have an annual Ninernation state of the union and not mention football? Maybe I missed, but I dont see one darn word about it. Amazing. How about one wee little sentence that the trustees are studying it?

I will fully retract this if its there, but I looked it over a time or two and saw zip in there about football.

Give us some red meat!

I liked it too. It was the first really professional looking thing I have recieved from the school. I wondered about the football too Metro. I think since a study is being done then it should no longer be off limits for the AD to mention. I mean, just a paragraph mentioning the study and the members of the group. At the very least, a sentence saying a study is being conducted.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;257798]I think since a study is being done then it should no longer be off limits for the AD to mention. I mean, just a paragraph mentioning the study and the members of the group. At the very least, a sentence saying a study is being conducted.[/QUOTE]

it just proves how many silly games are played in the name of campus politics

[QUOTE=metro;257795]
Now my question to Judy Rose:
How can you actually have an annual Ninernation state of the union and not mention football? Maybe I missed, but I dont see one darn word about it. Amazing. How about one wee little sentence that the trustees are studying it?
[/QUOTE]

If the money for the study is not coming out of the athletics budget, then I guess that’s why it did not appear in that report. Hopefully, it will be included as a fielded sport before my hair turns gray.

Me personally, I would rather them email that report and save the thousands of dollars it probably costs to print it. It was very professional looking, and the whole booklet was in color. That can’t be cheap.

[QUOTE=X-49er;257811]If the money for the study is not coming out of the athletics budget, then I guess that’s why it did not appear in that report. Hopefully, it will be included as a fielded sport before my hair turns gray.

Me personally, I would rather them email that report and save the thousands of dollars it probably costs to print it. It was very professional looking, and the whole booklet was in color. That can’t be cheap.[/QUOTE]
a couple points…first it was not solely a financial report. It was a book on the “state” of 49er sports. And her letter was not financial in tone. Not putting a blurb in there about the study proves her legendary defiance to football supporters, and also her allegiance to big brother.

x, I am sure a big chunk of cost of the book was donated by the printer, most of that stuff is if I am not mistaken.

[QUOTE=metro;257812]a couple points…first it was not solely a financial report. It was a book on the “state” of 49er sports. And her letter was not financial in tone. Not putting a blurb in there about the study proves her legendary defiance to football supporters, and also her allegiance to big brother.
[/QUOTE]

I don’t share your annoyance at it, yet. Now, if the study comes back that football is a “go”, then I’ll get upset if it continues not to be “left out” of these kinds of reports. Most everyone that sees that report knows the university is conducting the football study. The people we need to reach are the ones that don’t know the study is being done so that we can get their support: vocal, moral, or financial.

[QUOTE=X-49er;257814]I don’t share your annoyance at it, yet. Now, if the study comes back that football is a “go”, then I’ll get upset if it continues not to be “left out” of these kinds of reports.[/QUOTE]
AT that point it is a different issue. I t will be a pursuant of the AD then. Now it is a prospect.

[QUOTE=X-49er;257814]Most everyone that sees that report knows the university is conducting the football study. The people we need to reach are the ones that don’t know the study is being done so that we can get their support: vocal, moral, or financial.[/QUOTE]
That is a brave assumption. I would challenge that.

[QUOTE=X-49er;257814]I don’t share your annoyance at it, yet. Now, if the study comes back that football is a “go”, then I’ll get upset if it continues not to be “left out” of these kinds of reports. Most everyone that sees that report knows the university is conducting the football study. The people we need to reach are the ones that don’t know the study is being done so that we can get their support: vocal, moral, or financial.[/QUOTE]
thats cool. I just think its striking to disregard the very public football study, as the leader of the our sports program in your annual letter to boosters.

[B]Heaven forbid our AD say:
49er boosters, this is an ultra exciting time in our program’s history. Our trustees and Chancellor are currently examining if our longtime dream of football at Charlotte is feasible. The study should be concluded by February of 2008. Keep your fingers crossed![/B]

Apparently my name is miss-spelled in this mailing.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;257816]AT that point it is a different issue. I t will be a pursuant of the AD then. Now it is a prospect.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and it’s not part of the athletic budget yet. Yes, as Metro pointed out, there were some other things in that report, but they were all for [B]current[/B] sports, not perspective ones.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;257816]That is a brave assumption. I would challenge that. [/QUOTE]

I said most, meaning I believe 90-95% of the people who receive that mailer know that we are studying the prospect of football. The mailer goes to all 49er club members, who should know that the study is being conducted, and a few others probably receive the mailer who may not know that are not members of the 49er Club.

[QUOTE=X-49er;257834]Exactly, and it’s not part of the athletic budget yet. Yes, as Metro pointed out, there were some other things in that report, but they were all for [B]current[/B] sports, not perspective ones.
.[/QUOTE]

with all due respect, that is a flimsy argument. Anytime a CEO gives an annual report, you talk about the past, present, and future. And lets be honest, the sole purpose of the mailer is to describe where 49er sports currently stand, and omitting the prospect of football is more than vague.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;257798]I liked it too. It was the first really professional looking thing I have recieved from the school. I wondered about the football too Metro. I think since a study is being done then it should no longer be off limits for the AD to mention. I mean, just a paragraph mentioning the study and the members of the group. At the very least, a sentence saying a study is being conducted.[/QUOTE]

The annual report comes out every year so you must not have gotten one before. Excellent quality again this year thank to the printing and publishing company (name escapes me). This is a shocker but I actually agree with Metro here. I can’t remember if the letter specifically addressed the future (since the publication is a look back at the previous year) but if it did, it should have mentioned the study.

[QUOTE=metro;257819]
49er boosters, this is an ultra exciting time in our program’s history. Our trustees and Chancellor are currently examining if our longtime dream of football at Charlotte is feasible. The study should be concluded by February of 2008. [/QUOTE]

Something like this is ALL that needed to be said.

Its a simple statement, that JUST MAYBE some on the mailing list haven’t heard…aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddd, might motivate some of them to start thinking of their future discretionary dollars.

But this would border on advance planning and thinking outside the box, so I think I’ve just answered my own question…I now know why it wasn’t included.

I take it this comes to Alumni. I’ve signed up for this after I received the prompt letter along with my degrees and I haven’t heard thing. I said I’d like to receive stuff via email and mail, and not a damn thing. I didn’t even get a reply email saying my crap went through.

Since I’ve not seen this year’s report I can’t make much of a comment. However, Judy and the rest of the department has been told there are two and only two who can make any public statement about the football issue, Dubois and Everett. The athletic department’s only purpose at committee meetings is to provide info and answer any questions. They have no say on football, pro or con.

While all of us would like to see some comment, I’m sure the Development Office and Dr. Phil would cut any mention of it.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;257919]I take it this comes to Alumni. I’ve signed up for this after I received the prompt letter along with my degrees and I haven’t heard thing. I said I’d like to receive stuff via email and mail, and not a damn thing. I didn’t even get a reply email saying my crap went through.[/QUOTE]
think you had to donate at least $49

its rather interesting to read thru the donor levels and its members. You see who gives and who does not.

[QUOTE=HP49er;257920]Since I’ve not seen this year’s report I can’t make much of a comment. However, Judy and the rest of the department has been told there are two and only two who can make any public statement about the football issue, Dubois and Everett. The athletic department’s only purpose at committee meetings is to provide info and answer any questions. They have no say on football, pro or con.

While all of us would like to see some comment, I’m sure the Development Office and Dr. Phil would cut any mention of it.[/QUOTE]

which is complete horseshiit University politics. The freaking AD ought to be able/should “mention” the study in an annual address to 49er club members. Not endorse it, not elaborate, but simply state it happened.

I don’t disagree metro, it’s just what Dr. Phil has dictated.

CharSFNiners, 49er Club members are sent that report. As for alumni email, mine is blocked by RoadRunner, contact Katie Suggs in the Alumni Office. She can check it out for you.

Me and Jfelt are on page 21.

I didn’t get it. Anything in important in it?