49er Football 2024 Off-season thread

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/charlotte-49ers/article289773534.html

4 Likes

Now that right there is a BIG, BIG MAN!

2 Likes

Kids like Jonny King are why I enjoy 49ers football so much over the years. I have been around him in person a few times. He is a great kid who has put in the work.

7 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Cant wait for the season to start.

3 Likes

2025 CFP:

2026 CFP:

6 Likes

Why did they remove their posts about the camp schedule from their twitter pages?

Not sure why. The schedule says that practices are open.

1 Like

A little off topic, but I keep seeing this pop up. When & why did we start calling our football stadium “Jerry’s Place?”

1 Like

I believe it started with Biff. Would be nice to get another gift from the Richardsons… $10 mil for naming rights in perpetuity was way too low.

1 Like

clt prefers “the rich”

1 Like

Yes, God, please let’s not let that name stick. We’ve been calling it The Rich and that’s what it is. If Biff said it, someone who can, please ask him to start calling it The Rich. please.

1 Like

I’m still trying to wrap my head around why the school ever allowed itself to enter into a contract that allowed the stadium to A) be named in perpetuity for basically peanuts; and B) that didn’t provide an out for whatever reason. And I’m not just saying that about JRS, but for any building etc on campus.

5 Likes

Sadly at the time I think we were desperate for quick cash and just thankful we got it. Not much thinking went into that process.

2 Likes

Classic Judy. Thinking small time.

FWIW We are supposedly are in Jerry’s death wishes but most of the money was in a trust not his personal estate. No idea what that means if its a couple hundred grand or millions. I assume the trust holds until at least his wife passes.

1 Like

Judy liked to brag our stadium was the best secret in football. Wow.

1 Like

Because judy rose