49er prayer answered Schulken gone!!!

Mary Schulken:

[U][B]GONE[/B][/U]

:49ers:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

[URL]http://www.charlotteobserver.com/taylorbatten/story/644620.html[/URL]

guess that final editorial she wrote was her final stab at Charlotte athletics this week.

Good riddance!

[U]absolutely COMICAL[/U] that the Observer allows Ruth Shaw rebuttal, while Taylor Batten (idiot editorial page editor) writes a goodbye to Schulken on the same day–carving her as some hero to the unspoken and weakened.

I less wanted to see Cat Lady fired as much as I wanted to see Cat Lady proven wrong.

She said that it was unfair to force parents of kids with no interest in football and struggling economically to pay hundreds of dollars towards it in student fees.

We said that we wanted football so bad that we would find a way to raise it. That we would put a good portion of the financial burden on our own shoulders and not on the shoulders of others.

I don’t think we proved her wrong. Not yet, anyway.

If anyone’s seen the movie [I]Groundhog Day[/I], I thought I woke up this morning and it was April Fool’s Day again.

Good riddance !

I’m not fan of Mary, or the paper she writes for.

But celebrating the fact that someone gets laid off is about as low class as a person can get imo.

I'm not fan of Mary, or the paper she writes for.

But celebrating the fact that someone gets laid off is about as low class as a person can get imo.

Not really. When someone distorts facts and essentially lies - as Ruth Shaw pointed out…all from a bully pulpit, then celebration is warranted.

writers are far different than administration or regular desk jobs - all of whom I wish the sincere best of luck, its not much different than applauding a TV show getting canceled.

[QUOTE=casstommy;399391]I’m not fan of Mary, or the paper she writes for.

But celebrating the fact that someone gets laid off is about as low class as a person can get imo.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it is bad when people are happy a bad coach gets fired?

[QUOTE=casstommy;399391]I’m not fan of Mary, or the paper she writes for.

But celebrating the fact that someone gets laid off is about as low class as a person can get imo.[/QUOTE]

It appears as the toilet paper will go down anyway. And, Cat woman will soon have to do some real writing to earn her keeps elsewhere, don’t ya think?

I'm not fan of Mary, or the paper she writes for.

Under normal circumstances I’d agree but Skankin was a two bit hack with no regard for facts or truth. I have no issue with someone thinking we shouldn’t have football. But to outright distort facts and ignore logic in your dissent, especially as a “journalist” is pathetic. They did for budget reasons what they should have done for cause.

Don’t let the door hit you in the rear on the way out Mary.:49ers:

Good riddance!

Anyone think the organized responses to the Observer had any weight in the decision? The last couple of anti-UNC Charlotte articles have been assaulted with comments attacking the writer.

Do you think it is bad when people are happy a bad coach gets fired?

I don’t know really. They seem different to me. I guess they shouldnt. I wouldnt get on a message board and gloat about it if it happened.

I understand the hatred for her. And I’m happy she’s not going to be given the opprotunity to spout her nonsense anymore locally. I just think that openly gloating about it is poor form.

[QUOTE=casstommy;399436]I don’t know really. They seem different to me. I guess they shouldnt. I wouldnt get on a message board and gloat about it if it happened.

I understand the hatred for her. And I’m happy she’s not going to be given the opprotunity to spout her nonsense anymore locally. I just think that openly gloating about it is poor form.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you are coming from, and I hate that someone has to lose their job, but if they aren’t doing a good job they deserve to be fired.

I understand where you are coming from, and I hate that someone has to lose their job, but if they aren't doing a good job they deserve to be fired.
But she was doing a great job as far as advancing the Observer Editorial Board agenda. Don(not able to use apostrophes)t hate the player, hate the game?

I just hate everything and all my bases are covered.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;399439]I just hate everything and all my bases are covered.[/QUOTE]

You got it PB. I feel the same way. Damn both the game and the players. And, the both can . . .

while they’re at it, too.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;399439]I just hate everything and all my bases are covered.[/QUOTE]

You know you stole that line from me.

Isn’t Metro supposed to buy someone 10 cats now?

[QUOTE=metro;399393]Not really. When someone distorts facts and essentially lies - as Ruth Shaw pointed out…[U]all from a bully pulpit[/U], then celebration is warranted.

writers are far different than administration or regular desk jobs - all of whom I wish the sincere best of luck, its not much different than applauding a TV show getting canceled.[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t feel you more Metro. We’ve almost mind melded lately. Keep it up.

Tintin