49ers fans not Bobcats' target

[b]Mark Thompson, a Charlotte-based money manager, was part of a group last season that bought two Bobcats season tickets. The seats were close to the floor, at center court, and each ticket cost $75. Thompson bought a pair of tickets to 10 games.

He seems like the Bobcats’ target customer – young, affluent and a sports fan who buys Carolina Panthers and Davidson basketball tickets. But he passed on Bobcats tickets this season because he felt the cost exceeds the value.[/b]

Season-ticket sales lagging for Bobcats, Charlotte Observer

Now they can go f themselves squared.

Davidson basketball tickets? They’d be better off buying season tickets to Independence or West Charlotte, their gyms are bigger.

They were describing that individual, he owns Davidson tickets… and that fit into the point they were making about him being a sports fan… if the guy they happened to interview bought Niner tickets it would have worked in the story just as well. The Bobcats, however, do own Niner tickets.

I was amazed to see that story in the paper yesterday. I thought you guys set attendance records with the Hornets.

[i]Originally posted by ChampNiner[/i]@Sep 15 2005, 10:10 AM [b] They were describing that individual, he owns Davidson tickets....... and that fit into the point they were making about him being a sports fan..... if the guy they happened to interview bought Niner tickets it would have worked in the story just as well. [/b]
Sorry, but I think Davidson tickets were used in the story for a reason. i.e. we don't have affluent fans in the minds of the Bobcats.

The article was written by the Observer, so if there is a bias it is theirs. No one with the Bobcats was quoted in the portion regarding the individual they are talking about. They were focusing on the individual, and the guy just happended to own Davidson tickets.

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Sep 15 2005, 10:13 AM [b] I was amazed to see that story in the paper yesterday. I thought you guys set attendance records with the Hornets. [/b]
Yes, it's true that there was a love affair with the Hornets, but it was long gone by the time George Shinn & Co. skipped town. Even without Katrina, the Hornets weren't doing well attendance-wise in New Orleans. Now I won't be surprised to see them move again within the next couple of years -- probably to Las Vegas or Louisville.
[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud+Sep 15 2005, 11:14 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (NinerLoudNProud @ Sep 15 2005, 11:14 AM)
[i]Originally posted by run49er+Sep 15 2005, 10:24 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (run49er @ Sep 15 2005, 10:24 AM)
[i]Originally posted by ChampNiner[/i]@Sep 15 2005, 10:17 AM [b] The article was written by the Observer, so if there is a bias it is theirs. [/b]
There's a signature line here, waiting to be taken!
[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Sep 15 2005, 09:59 AM [b] Now they can go f themselves squared. [/b]
Cubed. Death to the nba.
[b]Sorry, but I think Davidson tickets were used in the story for a reason. i.e. we don't have affluent fans in the minds of the Bobcats. [/b]

The Athletic Foundation had an intern working for them about two years ago that is now with the Bobcats/Sting organization. I would say that whatever the Bobcats think about the affluence of our fans, if they have listened to Jay they are probably right on target. Besides, affluence will not be the secret to our success. You would spend more to see two Bobcats games than my Niner season tickets cost if you got a comparable seat. We should be marketing to the fan that can’t afford Bobcats tickets, there are a lot more of us out there. We are the best sports value in town.

The damn Observer can kiss my ass.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Sep 15 2005, 03:08 PM [b]The damn Observer can kiss my ass.[/b]
You meant the big fat [font=Arial][SIZE=4]GREEN[/font][/SIZE] weenie! B)
[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Sep 15 2005, 03:08 PM [b] The damn Observer can kiss my ass. [/b]
There's another signature line.

Actually, I think I may have used that one myself a few years ago.

B)