49ers Radio deal article on BizJournal

[B]49ers extend radio deal[/B]

[URL=http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stories/2006/09/11/daily11.html]http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stories/2006/09/11/daily11.html[/URL]

basically we are on 1660am now.

That bites for me. I can get 610, but 1660 might as well not even be on the dial…

Is anyone really surprised? I guess we’re lucky to be on radio anywhere.

[QUOTE=ninermac;188085]That bites for me. I can get 610, but 1660 might as well not even be on the dial…[/QUOTE]

thats interesting, i usually get 1660 a lot better than 610

i also get 1660 better.

Now, at least we can say our games are on “CBS Radio”.

thats interesting, i usually get 1660 a lot better than 610

I’m in Marshville… so, I’m lucky to get 610.

I listen to the post game on the way back home after games (to apex/raleigh) and 610 has worked good most of the time…I dont think 1660 will be as good heading north on hwy49.

More info in the release from Charlotte49ers.com:

http://charlotte49ers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091206aaa.html

both suck in south Charlotte

If you’re in Union County, this deal sucks! 610 picks up fine, but 1660 is almost completely static (you might hear every 5th word of Matt’s). Listening on the internet is just not realistic for many of us (game in and game out) either. I’m pissed about this and have already emailed Judy and all the “powers” in the athletic dept. I will also let Signature Sports know how bad this sucks as well!:weep:

I listen to the post game on the way back home after games (to apex/raleigh) and 610 has worked good most of the time...I dont think 1660 will be as good heading north on hwy49.
Oh CRAP, I didn't even think about that part of it. I hope Lutz makes it out of the press and locker room quicker this year. My wife and I always listen to the post game on the way home and heading down 485 and out 218 we'll lose the signal pretty quickly. Here's to hoping 1660 serves the rest of the fans better than I suspect it will me.

It’s hit or miss at my house but typically, I get 1660 much clearer during the day but then it’s nothing but static after dark. 610 is usually okay during the day, gets worse at night but you can make out the commentary a little. Though some nights, I can understand some Hispanic station overlapping more than I can Matt. Personally, I feel both our radio and TV options suck but it is what it is.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;188127]Personally, I feel both our radio and TV options suck but it is what it is.[/QUOTE]

Ha! TV options, what TV options!? :unhappy:

Actually, last year was a great year for TV. We had like 5 or 6 national TV games and then the local package on PBS.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;188137]Actually, last year was a great year for TV. We had like 5 or 6 national TV games and then the local package on PBS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I was referring to [I]this[/I] year, not last. Correct me if I am wrong, but so far we have ONE, thats [B]ONE (1)[/B], televised game this year! :ohmy:

I haven’t been able to hear a game on the radio, ever. I guess here in the west, we are forgotten about Very sad. Regards, Oldniner

We needed Signature Sports to “negotiate” this deal? That’s hilarious. Are we actually paying for this? I hope not.
This from the same people that brought you the “Bobble Heads”. Not to knock the Bobble Heads, but geez, can this group even come up with a creative idea of their own? Who are we gonna create a Bobble of next? Malik El Tamir? Can you say “Hello, fresh, creative ideas needed here.”

If you guys are desperate enough you could always invest in one of those higher powered AM radios. I believe one is called the “Super Radio”. I’m still purchasing the Yahoo package due to the better sound.

Actually Signature Sports PAYS the school for the media rights. The school doesn’t pay them. So your comments are hilarious, actually.

No more bobbleheads. 49er Pride Rewards system is in place for this year. I can’t locate the link right now. Basically free gear and discounts season ticket holders and students who attend games.

[QUOTE=max;188147]We needed Signature Sports to “negotiate” this deal? That’s hilarious. Are we actually paying for this? I hope not.
This from the same people that brought you the “Bobble Heads”. Not to knock the Bobble Heads, but geez, can this group even come up with a creative idea of their own? Who are we gonna create a Bobble of next? Malik El Tamir? Can you say “Hello, fresh, creative ideas needed here.”[/QUOTE]

Never…EVER…talk bad about the bobble heads…

What would you like them to give away…money?

I hate that they are not doing them anymore…I would LOVE a Withers bobble!!!