49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Conceded 3 goals all season long in 8 home matches.

Conceded 3 goals in the most important game of the season.

#PullingANiner

[quote=“SteauA, post:2961, topic:25684”]Conceded 3 goals all season long in 8 home matches.

[b]Conceded 3 goals in the most important game of the season.

[/b]#PullingANiner[/quote]

And those 3 goals were all conceded in the 2nd half.

It’s difficult to get more Ninerish than that.

[quote=“SteauA, post:2961, topic:25684”]Conceded 3 goals all season long in 8 home matches.

Conceded 3 goals in the most important game of the season.

#PullingANiner[/quote]

Webster needs to use this definition when adding “Pulling a Niner” to the 2017 edition.

I think it’s time we modernize the “Ten Commandments” of Niner Nation. The old ones are outdated as they refer to making the NCAA tournament/seeding, etc. The new ones need to discuss “Pulling a Niner” and inevitable losses in football games to 1-7 teams when you lead by 21 points at halftime with a bowl-bid on the line, to name a couple.

“Pulling” this and “Pulling” that. Is that all you can say to this program?

I don’t understand the point of you wasting your time and waiting for them to lose. If that is all you can say, why even bother?

I’m going to say what some have not said but spread all of this negativity.

“Good performance this season, even though we are not content, we got next season.”

Stop watching and supporting if you are not satisfied. You can always support another school and since this is obviously your alma mater, good job supporting them! Seems to me that you can do a lot more with your time or that you have no life and choose to complain, good for you

See everyone next year :slight_smile:

University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).
#1 national seed in the NCAA tournament, meaning they were to play all games prior to the College Cup on their home pitch against the weakest teams in the tournament. Second round match result: Providence 5, UM 4.

Niner fans. meanwhile, bitch about the home side choking. Just sayin’, people.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).
#1 national seed in the NCAA tournament, meaning they were to play all games prior to the College Cup on their home pitch against the weakest teams in the tournament. Second round match result: Providence 5, UM 4.

Niner fans. meanwhile, b**** about the home side choking. Just sayin’, people.[/quote]

The University of Maryland has won a total of 27 national championships (including 3 in mens soccer).

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte has 0.

The frustration here comes from that we never win anything, we never win the big game, we always choke and end the season at best saying “good effort, maybe next year”.

Its understandable how people (including myself) get antsy.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

Niner fans. meanwhile, b**** about the home side choking. Just sayin’, people.[/quote]
Sounds like they pulled a Niner.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:2968, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

Sounds like they pulled a Niner.[/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue:

Where is the mic drop emoji when you need it?!

[quote=“Ninerfan2012, post:2967, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

The University of Maryland has won a total of 27 national championships (including 3 in mens soccer).

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte has 0.

The frustration here comes from that we never win anything, we never win the big game, we always choke and end the season at best saying “good effort, maybe next year”.

Its understandable how people (including myself) get antsy.[/quote] Oh, its understandable and even normal. That does not mean its desirable by my definition of “desirable”.
I can’t explain further without infuriating most of the people on this board, so I leave it there.

[quote=“TRLeader, post:2969, topic:25684”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:2968, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

Sounds like they pulled a Niner.[/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue:

Where is the mic drop emoji when you need it?![/quote] Yea, that’s brilliant. ::slight_smile:

Does this mean we won now?

clt says the negativity on this chat board reminds clt of ncsu fans.

[quote=“s9er, post:2972, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

Does this mean we won now?[/quote] That was not implied. For the slow witted among us, our score was VT3, Charlotte 2.

It seems that for the past few years we have not been as competitive in wet and/or colder weather conditions. The year we hosted the tarholes in the 2nd round, the only games we did not win all season were those played in wet conditions. Unfortunately, it was pouring down rain that day.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2974, topic:25684”][quote=“s9er, post:2972, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

Does this mean we won now?[/quote] That was not implied. For the slow witted among us, our score was VT3, Charlotte 2.[/quote]

Oh… I couldn’t quite tell what the point of referencing other school I didn’t go to nor give a shit about into the conversation was attempting to do. Apparently it was just a deflection to from the point we lost a NCAA match at home as the higher ranked team AGAIN.

Glad some only care about the past. Completely different school from when you wankers were in school. Go support some other school like I said. Your excuses and whining is pointless. We got a lot of years and opportunities to achieve anything.

You might say I am low in standards, but at least I don’t whine.

While it’s frustrating to see us lose some of us here clearly do not understand how this game works.

There is a reason that major soccer leagues do not depend on “win and advance” tournaments to determine their champion. Most countries have a tournament like that, but it has far less value than the regular season champion. Usually one of the big dogs wins it, but occasionally, some terrible team does.

http://www.worldfootball.net/winner/eng-fa-cup/

Soccer is not a sport that is conducive to these tournaments. Thus the reason we advanced so far as a high seed in 2011. If you can’t handle being Goliath instead of David, don’t watch. Soccer only gets harder the better you are in this tournament format, because teams refuse to actually play you. They stuff 10 guys in the box, and pray for a miracle. In soccer it is much easier for the worse team to win than other sports we follow.

That’s all fine and dandy except Maryland has won the ‘ship three times (68, 05, 08). Just sayin’.