49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

[quote=“PresentNiner, post:2978, topic:25684”]Glad some only care about the past. Completely different school from when you wankers were in school. Go support some other school like I said. Your excuses and whining is pointless. We got a lot of years and opportunities to achieve anything.

You might say I am low in standards, but at least I don’t whine.[/quote]

That’s funny that you say that because I seem to remember 100-200 students behind the home bench making noise, chanting etc. for all the home games when I was in school (graduated in 2011). A phenomenon that seems to be completely lost among current students. I went to a home match this season and there were three dudes standing up in that same section making zero noise.

The noise you heard at the game vs VT was coming from the same people who were students in my time there, otherwise the game would have been played in complete silence.

[quote=“s9er, post:2977, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2974, topic:25684”][quote=“s9er, post:2972, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).
#1 national seed in the NCAA tournament, meaning they were to play all games prior to the College Cup on their home pitch against the weakest teams in the tournament. Second round match result: Providence 5, UM 4.

Niner fans. meanwhile, b**** about the home side choking. Just sayin’, people.[/quote]

Does this mean we won now?[/quote] That was not implied. For the slow witted among us, our score was VT3, Charlotte 2.[/quote]

Oh… I couldn’t quite tell what the point of referencing other school I didn’t go to nor give a s*** about into the conversation was attempting to do. Apparently it was just a deflection to from the point we lost a NCAA match at home as the higher ranked team AGAIN.[/quote] That was NOT the point. The point was that its ridiculous to whine about us losing, as if a higher ranked team losing is all that unique. Bringing up the obvious fact that we lost is just a deflection from your whining.

[quote=“SteauA, post:2980, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).
#1 national seed in the NCAA tournament, meaning they were to play all games prior to the College Cup on their home pitch against the weakest teams in the tournament. Second round match result: Providence 5, UM 4.

Niner fans. meanwhile, b**** about the home side choking. Just sayin’, people.[/quote]

That’s all fine and dandy except Maryland has won the ‘ship three times (68, 05, 08). Just sayin’.[/quote] Again and I hope for the last time, Maryland’s past history is not relevant to my point. If anything, their fans have more reason to be disappointed than ours in this season’s ending. Anyway, if people want to wallow in the sorrow that is their problem, I suppose.
So enjoy your disappointment.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2983, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2980, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

That’s all fine and dandy except Maryland has won the ‘ship three times (68, 05, 08). Just sayin’.[/quote] Again and I hope for the last time, Maryland’s past history is not relevant to my point. If anything, their fans have more reason to be disappointed than ours in this season’s ending. Anyway, if people want to wallow in the sorrow that is their problem, I suppose.
So enjoy your disappointment.[/quote]

That logic makes no sense. I’d fee a lot better about all these stacked nationally ranked Charlotte teams losing in the Round of 32 at home to a lower seed seemingly every season if we had beaten the tarholes in the title game in 2011.

I’m a San Francisco Giants fan. Was I sad when the bullpen blew up against the Cubs in the playoffs this season? Yeah of course I was sad, and pissed, but then I started watching the blu ray world series championship movies from 2010, 2012 and 2014 and it made me feel a lot better.

[quote=“SteauA, post:2981, topic:25684”][quote=“PresentNiner, post:2978, topic:25684”]Glad some only care about the past. Completely different school from when you wankers were in school. Go support some other school like I said. Your excuses and whining is pointless. We got a lot of years and opportunities to achieve anything.

That’s funny that you say that because I seem to remember 100-200 students behind the home bench making noise, chanting etc. for all the home games when I was in school (graduated in 2011). A phenomenon that seems to be completely lost among current students. I went to a home match this season and there were three dudes standing up in that same section making zero noise.

The noise you heard at the game vs VT was coming from the same people who were students in my time there, otherwise the game would have been played in complete silence.[/quote]

It’s different, innt? Trust me, I completely agree the difference in attendance and I don’t want to compare “Football” and “American Football”, but it seems people do not want to prioritize their time, including the students, to watch any “Football” matches. Back then, it was obviously different. I honestly don’t care about our attendance, it has been going down since 2013.

Always glad to hear Basketball chants rather than “Football” chants, loved the noise…!

[quote=“PresentNiner, post:2985, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2981, topic:25684”][quote=“PresentNiner, post:2978, topic:25684”]Glad some only care about the past. Completely different school from when you wankers were in school. Go support some other school like I said. Your excuses and whining is pointless. We got a lot of years and opportunities to achieve anything.

The noise you heard at the game vs VT was coming from the same people who were students in my time there, otherwise the game would have been played in complete silence.[/quote]

It’s different, innt? Trust me, I completely agree the difference in attendance and I don’t want to compare “Football” and “American Football”, but it seems people do not want to prioritize their time, including the students, to watch any “Football” matches. Back then, it was obviously different. I honestly don’t care about our attendance, it has been going down since 2013.

Always glad to hear Basketball chants rather than “Football” chants, loved the noise…![/quote]

Let me be fair in saying that I did not personally go to the match vs VA Tech (was out all day car shopping, had been planned for several weeks) but I know a lot of guys and gals I went to school with were there and making noise.

GOOOO NINERS GOOOO
NINERS GO, NINERS GO, NINERS GOOOO

WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU, WE LOVE YOU
AND WHERE YOU GO WE’LL FOLLOW, WE’LL FOLLOW, WE’LL FOLLOW
’CAUSE WE SUPPORT THE NINERS, THE NINERS, THE NINERS
AND THAT’S THE WAY WE LIKE IT, WE LIKE IT, WE LIKE IT
OOOO OOOO OOOOOOOO
OOOO OOOO OOOOOOOO

FIGHT SONG

LET’S GO NINERS
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

OLEEE OLE OLE OLEEEE
OLEEE OLEEE
OLEEE OLE OLE OLEEEE
OLEEE OLEEE

Those were the days…

Organized student chanting seems to be a thing of the past now at football, soccer, basketball etc.

There were some good chants going against VT, it was a small group but very energetic and loud. They sang a few soccer songs as well, recognized one that used to be sung at Ricky Hatton fights.

[quote=“SteauA, post:2984, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2983, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2980, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

That logic makes no sense. I’d fee a lot better about all these stacked nationally ranked Charlotte teams losing in the Round of 32 at home to a lower seed seemingly every season if we had beaten the tarholes in the title game in 2011.

I’m a San Francisco Giants fan. Was I sad when the bullpen blew up against the Cubs in the playoffs this season? Yeah of course I was sad, and pissed, but then I started watching the blu ray world series championship movies from 2010, 2012 and 2014 and it made me feel a lot better.[/quote] Makes sense if you include “in this season’s ending” which you conveniently left out. A fall from #1 to elimination is greater than a fall from #10 to elimination. Yes?

If you are implying that our expectations should be the same as a P5 program, I have to respectfully disagree.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2988, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2984, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2983, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2980, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

I’m a San Francisco Giants fan. Was I sad when the bullpen blew up against the Cubs in the playoffs this season? Yeah of course I was sad, and pissed, but then I started watching the blu ray world series championship movies from 2010, 2012 and 2014 and it made me feel a lot better.[/quote] Makes sense if you include “in this season’s ending” which you conveniently left out. A fall from #1 to elimination is greater than a fall from #10 to elimination. Yes?

If you are implying that our expectations should be the same as a P5 program, I have to respectfully disagree.[/quote]
Manage your expectations.

[quote=“JB, post:2989, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2988, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2984, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2983, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2980, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

If you are implying that our expectations should be the same as a P5 program, I have to respectfully disagree.[/quote]
Manage your expectations.[/quote] Good line! Think of it yourself?

Actually, I’m assuming you are kidding around with me. If I’m not mistaken, Judy used this line talking about our football programs progress in relation to fans expectations of its progress. That argument aside (and I personally think she should have kept her mouth shut), I do think we should not expect to compete with P5, but should strive to do so anyway.

We lost. It sucks. We lose often. We lose in many sports. We suck at marketing. We suck at school pride. We suck at using the same color green. Our alumni suck for not staying involved. Our students suck for not getting involved. Our AD sucks for not caring enough to find a way to fix the previous two things. Our tv package sucks. Our chancellor sucks. Our radio partners like to make fun of us.

Regardless of any other schools or their performance in soccer or other sports - that is who we are. Just about the only thing that doesn’t suck is out twitter support for women’s sports.

This uplifting message brought to you by NWA. Go Title IXers!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2991, topic:25684”]We lost. It sucks. We lose often. We lose in many sports. We suck at marketing. We suck at school pride. We suck at using the same color green. Our alumni suck for not staying involved. Our students suck for not getting involved. Our AD sucks for not caring enough to find a way to fix the previous two things. Our tv package sucks. Our chancellor sucks. Our radio partners like to make fun of us.

Regardless of any other schools or their performance in soccer or other sports - that is who we are. Just about the only thing that doesn’t suck is out twitter support for women’s sports.

This uplifting message brought to you by NWA. Go Title IXers![/quote]

Bravo!

We should be handing this out to incoming students at SOAR.

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2991, topic:25684”]We lost. It sucks. We lose often. We lose in many sports. We suck at marketing. We suck at school pride. We suck at using the same color green. Our alumni suck for not staying involved. Our students suck for not getting involved. Our AD sucks for not caring enough to find a way to fix the previous two things. Our tv package sucks. Our chancellor sucks. Our radio partners like to make fun of us.

Regardless of any other schools or their performance in soccer or other sports - that is who we are. [size=12pt]Just about the only thing that doesn’t suck is out twitter support for women’s sports.
[/size]

Wait. I wonder why that is.

[quote=“49r9r, post:2993, topic:25684”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2991, topic:25684”]We lost. It sucks. We lose often. We lose in many sports. We suck at marketing. We suck at school pride. We suck at using the same color green. Our alumni suck for not staying involved. Our students suck for not getting involved. Our AD sucks for not caring enough to find a way to fix the previous two things. Our tv package sucks. Our chancellor sucks. Our radio partners like to make fun of us.

Regardless of any other schools or their performance in soccer or other sports - that is who we are. [size=12pt]Just about the only thing that doesn’t suck is out twitter support for women’s sports.
[/size]

Wait. I wonder why that is.[/quote] Not Judy. She doesn’t use the internet. ;D

[quote=“SteauA, post:2992, topic:25684”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2991, topic:25684”]We lost. It sucks. We lose often. We lose in many sports. We suck at marketing. We suck at school pride. We suck at using the same color green. Our alumni suck for not staying involved. Our students suck for not getting involved. Our AD sucks for not caring enough to find a way to fix the previous two things. Our tv package sucks. Our chancellor sucks. Our radio partners like to make fun of us.

Bravo!

We should be handing this out to incoming students at SOAR.[/quote] You mean just before Phil informs that Cheat is the flagship?

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2988, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2984, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2983, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2980, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

Are you a fan of any team that has ever won a title? Because if you are then you would know that’s not at all the case. I’d feel a lot better about what’s happening to the Panthers this season if I could rest on a laurels of two superbowl championships from 2003 and last season. Heck, I’d even take one!

[quote=“4ever niner, post:2995, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2992, topic:25684”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:2991, topic:25684”]We lost. It sucks. We lose often. We lose in many sports. We suck at marketing. We suck at school pride. We suck at using the same color green. Our alumni suck for not staying involved. Our students suck for not getting involved. Our AD sucks for not caring enough to find a way to fix the previous two things. Our tv package sucks. Our chancellor sucks. Our radio partners like to make fun of us.

Bravo!

We should be handing this out to incoming students at SOAR.[/quote] You mean just before Phil informs that Cheat is the flagship?[/quote]

Yes!

UNCC does stand for University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill after all. Didn’t you know?

Definitely time to update these to include all 49ers sports:

The Ten Commandments of 49er Basketball

[size=2]Thou shalt blame everyone else for our support issues except for ourselves.[/size]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Thou shalt lose valuable assistant coaches every year.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Thou shalt recruit high profile recruits that always choose another school instead of Charlotte at the 12th hour.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Thou shalt always need JUCOs and transfers to fill a roster.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Thou shalt lose games every year we have no business losing.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Thou shalt have poor home attendance every year.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Thou shalt support many other various teams before their own.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Thou shalt be on the bubble for the NCAA Tourney every year.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Thou shalt win at most only one postseason game (NCAA/NIT) per year.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Thou shalt have at least one exciting incoming player every year involved with one of the following: eligibility, injury, malcontent, suspension, and/or underachievement.[/size][/font]

[quote=“SteauA, post:2996, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2988, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2984, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2983, topic:25684”][quote=“SteauA, post:2980, topic:25684”][quote=“4ever niner, post:2966, topic:25684”]University of Maryland men’s soccer season: Undefeated during regular season and conference tournament (if they had a conference tournament).

Are you a fan of any team that has ever won a title? Because if you are then you would know that’s not at all the case. I’d feel a lot better about what’s happening to the Panthers this season if I could rest on a laurels of two superbowl championships from 2003 and last season. Heck, I’d even take one![/quote] You are projecting the way you view wins and losses on me as in “because if are then…” Your perception of how I “should” feel does not match up with how I do feel. Each season is unique (or a snowflake if you are Major) and my expectations for post season success are built on what happened in regular season during that unique period. For a relevant example, if I were a Md. fan and went into post season as #1, my expectation would be for a national championship. I’m happy for you that you take solace in past seasons’ accomplishments.

Is it next year yet?