49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Yeah, I am afraid it will not be enough. Despite us having a Top-20 schedule, they will look at our record. That might not get us in.

Our recruiting needs to improve.

Doesn’t look like we’re in

Looks like NC State got in with an RPI of 45 smh

Virginia Tech, though with an RPI of just 22, got in with a record of 9-9

I think there is an ACC bias due to all the top teams.

I think Coastal Carolina/ Mercer winner can upset Clemson

Went to tonight’s exhibition match vs. High Point. 2018 Niner futbolers won 2-0 with both goals scored by senior M Tommy Madden. Outshot HPU 16-3.

3 Likes

2-0 win over Furman tonight! Soccer is feeling a lot like last year were we have a good defensive team, but need work on the offensIve end. I’d worry if we get behind a goal or 2 as we don’t have anyone that appears to be a consistent scoring threat.

1 Like

It was so good catching up with some of y’all tonight. I tell you what; It is truly sad how bad our athletics got. With that said though, I now know many of y’all personally, and you lot are some of the highest caliber people around. Anybody that would put up with what we all have the last 10 years at the very least has some gumption. I appreciate each and every one of you guys.

Here’s to the days when it’s impossible to know how our entire fan base’s kids are doing.

1 Like

Good assessment. Save a few minutes the first half was a real snoozer!

I’m bumping this thread to note that our team on its recent road trip defeated a good Elon team by 4 goals and likely would have won at Old Dominion except for a goal by us being disallowed on a phantom foul. Charlotte put the ball in the net with 4 seconds remaining in the first half and would have gone up 1-0 , but the ref from midfield called a foul on us in the box. Multiple replay angles show no foul.

The boys go up against Louisville and Kentucky next week with both matches in Kentucky. Both opponents are ranked in the top 10, so we’ll see how we measure up.

1 Like

Yeah those are couple big matchups coming up. I’m ready for another national championship matchup vs. Carolina. Should of won that one anyways

2 Likes

FYI - tonight’s home match vs FAU has been postponed due to Hurricane Florence. A new date to be announced at a later time.

We will know just how good this team is after the UL and UK matches coming up. Personally, I have only seen them in person vs FGCU and I was very impressed with all three facets of the game. They showed real poise on the ball, were organized in defense and created a ton of chances, just had difficulty putting them away. Part of that was the FGCU keeper having himself a day and part of it was poor finishing. We won that game 1-0 but if they had xG stats in college soccer, we probably should have won it more like 4 or 5-0.

It looks like you’ll be able to watch tonight’s match vs Louisville on the ESPN app at 7:30.

1 Like

I hate looserville. Hopefully we can put them away early! Hate it when we play 0-0 to the wire.

1 Like

it’s 2-2. OT

Second OT. 2-2

it’s 2-2. end of 2nd OT

Not a bad result to tie on the road vs #6. Still sucks to tie after leading 2-0.

2 Likes