49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Can we play shuffle? Soccer stadium gives their video scoreboard to the baseball stadium. JRS gives videoboard to soccer stadium and football gets an upgraded/bigger board. I’m just partially kidding but from watching this game, Louisvilles soccer stadium looks very nice and has a huge videoboard.

As Phil would say: “Do we really want to be like Louisville?”

Softball would scream Title IX if baseball got something they didn’t (as they have before re: lights, IPF).

Funny they don’t complain about not getting wins like baseball does.

5 Likes

I like this idea! The solution is firing the softball coach for sucking for all these years and hire one that makes them work so they don’t have time to complain about Title IX. They were the lead defenders in the final days of the one that shall not be named anyways… Screw them.

dropped one to KY. 1-nil.

Niners futbol (4-2-1) defeated Wofford 2-0 tonight on first half goals by Myles Brown and John Ranshaw. C-USA foe UAB up next on Saturday.

2 Likes

Team seemed a little off for the final half last night. Coach confirmed that opinion in post game interview. Wofford is not a good side.

That would be the #20 Nationally Ranked Niners !!!

2 Likes

…and RPI #11

2 Likes

Wasn’t this supposed to be a down year?

I admit ignorance, but tying loserville and losing to ky was not impressive. Beating wofford wasn’t either.

Agree. Outshot the woeful Terriers 11-1 in first half then #12 didn’t come until almost 14 minutes into the second half. Definitely thought we would score again but didn’t play with same intensity during final 45.

On tbe road and tying #6 Louisville is NOT a bad outing. Even losing 1-0 on the road at #7 UK is not exactly terrible either. I watched both games. We were comparable to both top 10 teams on their home field. There is a reason we moved INTO the rankings after those games.

Great. Good to see actually winning is not as important as in other sports we suck at.

I knew that comment was coming. If w-l was the ONLY factor then everyone should just be ranked exactly in order of winning percentage.

clt hopes we continue to get results on the pitch.

The football game was going poorly (predictably) yesterday, so I tried tuning into the futbol game, because I wanted to watch a W. Unfortunately, C-USA TV wasn’t working and I couldn’t watch. Disappointing. They won 1-0, but I have no idea how they played. Wish they wouldn’t have scheduled it at the EXACT same time as the football game, but then I probably would’ve been doubly pissed the stream wasn’t working. oh-well. Really not happy with C-USA TV this year.

At last night’s match. Listless first half offensively but stellar work by GK Elliot Panicco throughout and a second half goal by Daniel Bruce won it for the Niners. Panicco made a spectacular stop on a PK by UAB in first half then another great stop in second on a bullet of a shot. Goal came on a header by Bruce from an assist by Luke Johnson.

My opinion is that we have a good team that needs to pick up the pace a little to have a decent seed in the NCAA tournament, or indeed, to make the field. Still a lot of futbal to be played.