49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Daniel Bruce goal in 2nd OT lifts #18 Niners (6-2-1, 2-2 C-USA) to 1-0 win at South Carolina.

South Carolina had zero shots after the first half. Looked like a foul in the box during the second overtime would give us a penalty kick, but the ref swallowed his whistle. A draw would have been a very poor result for us.

Not to hear the Gamecocks announcer tell it. According to him, the Niners would have been pleased to escape Columbia with a point. :roll_eyes:

Which is exactly why I watch with the sound turned off!

2 Likes

I did too - just watched while I grilled some brats and sipped some brews - no sound needed.

#16 in TDS rankings today

1 Like

There was no doubt about the take-down in the box by Carolina. Even their announcer was surprised there was no call. One of the most obvious fouls I’ve seen lately. Should have had a free kick. Luckily we still scored to preserve the victory.

#16 Niners fall 2-1 in OT @ Radford

Pulled a

Radford. RADFORD!? #16? How? Makes no sense we’re ranked that high and lose to Radford.

The boys will be good and ready to play the next match after Hurricane Kevin blows through practice.

clt says we should never lose to radford.

1 Like

Bad loss last night… You expect to go on the road and get that W. That one is going to hurt if this season comes down to an at-large.

1 Like

the futbal boys are ranked in the top 20 and playing a C-USA opponent right now. we’re up 1-0 at the half. why isn’t there any attention on the board? i really don’t get this.

Because it is soccer. I pull for our guys, and I am glad we are having success, but for a guy that did not grow up with the game it is like watching paint dry. I am glad others enjoy it.

1 Like

3-0. final

4 Likes

Nice bounce-back from the Radford loss.

2 Likes

nugget. i’m not directing this at you, but we get dozens of hits re gold helmets and zero on a top 20 team victory?

as our president would say: Sad.

Old fashioned butt whuppin’ put on Fiu tonight.

Nice win over first place and, until tonight, unbeaten in conference play FIU (now 4-1 C-USA - tied with UK and ODU). Niners (3-2 C-USA; 7-3-1 overall) played the entire 90 minutes, outshooting the Panthers 22-8.

Following league match at Marshall (1-2-1 C-USA) on the 20th, final four regular season games and C-USA tournament at home.

1 Like

Those are conference leading helmets though!

1 Like