49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Would be entirely reasonable.

They are our final regular season opponent and likely first tournament day opponent as well. Playing twice in a row against a team who wants to go out with a statement. What could go wrong?

Don’t forget to vote

TDS rankings out, we’re back in: https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/men

Don’t forget to vote for Callum

New rankings out. RPI at 15 and coaches poll has us 19th. ODU breaks into the poll also

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-men/d1/united-soccer-coaches

wilmington ranked 13

I think they have our next coach if ours leaves for any reason. Just a hunch.

clt votes and says to vote!

Kentucky #5.

DOG DAY ON SATURDAY!!! CANT WAIT!

Idk how they do doggie days at soccer but I’ll have y’all know Beau is undefeated at Niner games.

3 Likes

Beau is a good-looking boy. Makes me miss the one we had. Give him an ear-pull from early.

1 Like

cltdog approves

1 Like

I’d really like to see KY and Charlotte in the CUSA tournament final game. Gotta get past two opponents to get there, though and Ky did lose one in league, so maybe ODU has a shot to beat them.

South Carolina just fired their coach, and they are already talking about ours as a top target.

Time for Hill to show some #goldstandard and do what it takes to retain (pay) one of the few #goldstandard coaches on one of the few #goldstandard programs we have.

1 Like

Who is “they”

You know! Dem dar people!

Moving from Charlotte to South Carolina may be a step down. Langan would be leaving a C-USA program that is often nationally ranked, to go to a C-USA program that is usually not very good. If there was such a thing as SEC Men’s soccer it might be a different story. I talked with a SC fan who told me their Men’s soccer program was at best their sixth best funded team, so unless they decide to change that I am not sure we don’t already pay better. And lastly, I would want a pretty big raise to leave Charlotte and live in Columbia.

2 Likes

Considering they play in the same league as us and are a similar caliber program I can’t see our coach leaving for South Carolina. It’s not like Coach Gunn going Stanford which is actually an upgrade.

1 Like

We deafinitely need to do what it takes to retain our coach & maintain our success in soccer

1 Like

I don’t listen to rumors, but I also think some of yall are undervaluing SEC money and what that does to an athletic program. If SC wants him, he gone.