49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

If there is any program in our AD that is primed to continue doing its thing, its MSOC. If Langan goes elsewhere, I’d imagine Osborne gets a long look for the position.

clt says 99.3% of gamecock fans not only don’t realize they have a soccer team, but also hate soccer.

2 Likes

vs FAU 4-0.

1 Like

should’ve been a lot more. Missed a PK at the beginning. Shut them down in the 2nd half like we should have. One more regular season conference game, currently in 3rd. ODU and Kentucky play each other Saturday, so if we and FIU both win, there could be a 3-way tie for 2nd. Would like to see that tie-breaker.

Or if Ky and ODU play to a draw, there will be an interesting tie break for first and second.

Niners 30-8 advantage on shots and homefield season-long visitor shutout remains intact.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to vote for Callum today

Senior class award

clt tried to vote, but was not able to answer the math question

Kentucky and ODU played for the outright C-USA regular season championship tonight, with the Cats prevailing 3-0.

UK is 15-1-1 (7-1 C-USA) and ODU 10-4-2 (6-2 C-USA). Since the Monarchs defeated the Niners 2-1 back in September, ODU owns the tiebreaker for seeding in the conference tournament next week.

Niners (11-3-1 / 5-2 C-USA) wrap up regular season tomorrow vs New Mexico (4-10-1 / 2-4-1 C-USA). Win secures #3 seed.

[/quote]

We are the 3 seed regardless of tomorrow’s result. Tiebreaker over FIU.
We should be 2 seed, but got screwed by ref in Norfolk. If we make it past our first two opponents in the conference tournament, I think we have a decent chance against Kentucky.

1 Like

Me too, especially at home.

pulled out a 1-0 win over new mexico who apparently packed it in on us. i don’t know enough about soccer and i couldn’t watch but i suspect that they pulled their entire eleven back and dared us to score. we finally did.

2 Likes

Had 4 or so point blank chances before the goal finally came. Credit to their goalie as he had a couple of tough saves. However, we clearly we’re the better team. Hopefully we can continue the great defensive effort we’ve shown at home next week. Need to pull off the upset of UK in the finals to help our national tournament seeding.

1 Like

[quote=“Andy9911, post:3193, topic:25684, full:true”] Need to pull off the upset of UK in the finals to help our national tournament seeding.
[/quote]

ODU says hello.

Ended up with an 18-2 advantage on shots. Pretty enthusiastic crowd too!

Won’t matter. They’ll send us to crapple hole to play them at their place.

Pairings for the opening round of the C-USA tournament next Wednesday, November 7th, at Transamerica Field:

#5 Marshall vs #4 FIU, 2 pm

#7 New Mexico vs #2 ODU, 4:30 pm

#6 UAB at #3 Charlotte, 7 pm

Watched the game. We were the better team, but glad we don’t have to play them twice in a row. Would love some payback vs. ODU in 2nd round if we continue the clean sheet at home.

Stem please

New TDS rankings out today. Somehow we won 2 and dropped 2 spots - go figure TDS top 25

Don’t forget to vote again today: Senior class award