49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Within single digits. Youve missed a fun 2nd half.

2 Likes

Football was 13-13 then D decided to quit playing. Offense did same, but in first half. Bball currently down only 8 with 4 minutes to go.

Yeah when I wrote that…I just took a shower. Before my shower we were tied 13-13 with Marshall…and up 14-12 on Ok ST.

After my shower…we were down 23-13 to Marshall…and 37-19 to Ok ST.

I was a little exasperated at that point.

WE WON!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Wow!!! What a comeback by the hoops guys.!!!
No need to continue to hijack this thread but I’m very curious if our defense got THAT much better or if OK St took their foot off the gas. Either way…WOW!!! IMPRESSIVE COMEBACK!!! One of the biggest Niner comebacks I can remember.

I think we came back from 16 down in the 2nd half to beat Tennessee back in the '90’s heyday if I remember correctly. Back then we did it with Offense…not Defense though.

Ok soccer guys…take the momentum from the BBall team and BRING HOME SOME CUSA HARDWARE!!!

This post aged poorly.

2 Likes

http://www.thecharlottepost.com/news/2018/11/09/qcfc/charlotte-advances-to-conference-usa-soccer-final-vs.-kentucky/

3 Likes

OK Niner fans we need a big crowd out at TransAmerica field today to cheer our guys to the championship! Making the 1 hour drive down today to watch.

2 Likes

I know almost nothing about soccer, but from reading this thread it seems like our team pummels the opponent with shots on goal, we just don’t get that many in the net. Well you can’t score if you don’t shoot, so today I hope we get a little lucky and fill it up early. Go Niners, and go Niner Soccer fans!

1 Like

Unless they changed it (or I missed it for some reason), I can’t find the stream through ESPN. Anyone have a score update?

UK winning 1-0

Well :-1:

We did that again today. Got robbed of a PK on what looked like a clear foul in the box at the end of the game, but otherwise, Kentucky D solid enough to weather the storm.

One thing I noticed on a lot of our corners / throw-ins and midfield play: Kentucky just looked so much taller, and when we tried to send the ball into the box, it didn’t work because they would head it out. Think we should have tried a different approach, but they were hard to score on. Missed several solid chances early in the match with the ball clanking off the goal post 2 or three times in a few seconds.

We showed we were a top 25 team today. So did Kentucky.

THIS. I’m sure it was at least three clanks. Should have scored RIGHT THERE. We are Top 25 and will get a post season bid.

Selection is tomorrow.

WE had more shots, but shots on goal were even. We expended a tremendous amount of energy at the beginning with nothing to show but shots off the woodwork, and slowed down in the second half. Maybe playing one less match (and an easy match for them, too) was to Kentucky’s advantage. Can’t say if the ref missed a penalty kick call or not, but from far away, sure looked like it.

We’ll be in the NCAA tournament or there ought to be an investigation.

From the Charlotte49ers.com game summary:

I’m sure the summary from our website was totally objective. :grinning:

Of course it’s not, but the no call was horrendous.

I’d be interested to see a replay. Looked bad from the stands, though.

ESPN+ showed the replay a couple times…Even the clearly pro-UK announcers said it was basically hard to explain it not being called.