49ers Men's Soccer ⚽

Up to #17 in the TDS top 25. TDS top 25

Of course not but I do agree with the observation. Referee seemed determined he wasn’t going to make a call that required a PK

1 Like

Ga State first round at home. Potential Va Tech second round away and, of course, CHeat away third round.

1 Like

We host GA State in the first round, then would likely travel to VA Tech in 2nd, Tarholes in 3rd.

Kentucky did snag the overall #3 seed

1 Like

Great news! Looking forward to hopefully play the Heels again1

but not looking forward to the officiating

2 Likes

I’ll add this: there is now a VERY HEAVY ACC bias in the tournament this year. NINE teams got in. EIGHT of the nine have 1st round byes. It was bad last year, looks a little worse this year. I think we’re starting to see a little of that trickle down effect from revenue sports where there is a power 5 bias. If they take this from us I’m gonna be pissed.

1 Like

Told my son there would be a heavy ACC presence in the tournament. Just glad it didn’t keep us out!

Also, eight of the 48 schools are from NC

Exactly! Last game, should have had that score early on in the game. It was a layup and we missed twice. We take a lot of shots. More shots doesn’t necessarily translate into wins. We need quality shots and ensure we get the ball into the net! We can’t and shouldn’t rely on these biased refs to make a call late (anytime really) in the game.

1 Like

clt says the bomber was correct about NC college soccer

Sun Belt champs Georgia State (11-6-2) and the Niners played four common opponents during the 2018 season.

CHARLOTTE
W @ Coastal Carolina (ex) 1-0
T @ Louisville 2-2
W @ South Carolina 1-0
W vs UAB 1-0
W vs UAB, C-USA Tourney 1-0

Georgia State
W vs Coastal Carolina 4-3
W vs Coastal Carolina, SBC Tourney 2-1
L @ Louisville 0-1
L @ South Carolina 0-1
L @ UAB 0-4

1 Like

Is there anything NCAA related since it’s the tourney, to prohibit school sponsored promotions? Thursday at 7pm weather is looking wet and very cold. I was at the game against Kentucky and it was a pretty good crowd…dont know the exact attendance. But I want the same environment Thursday but it’s going to be hard with the weather. Would be perfect for another Niner scarf or poncho promo lol. Or hot chocolate. Something to attract a lot of fans despite the weather.

Our final RPI was 16. Two teams with higher RPI numbers got byes and we didn’t: #17 Denver and #19 Syracuse.

If we win or even draw vs. either Kentucky or Radford, I think we would be looking at hosting a 2nd round game with a 1st round bye. That close. Let’s take care of business this week and next and hopefully show the NCAA that the ACC is over rated.

Why are we ALWAYS in the tar holes’ bracket ?

Regions. NCAA trying to cut corners save money on the travel

I’ll let UNCW know.

I don’t have a problem with the bracketing. It’s the obvious bias on the part of officials when the match is played that sucks.

Speaking of ACC bias, I notice that Lousiville is the overall 4th seed. We played them to a draw at their place with one of their goals coming on a PK. We lost two 1-0 matches to KY and they lost 3-0.

Until we start to beat the ACC (P5) teams the NCAA will believe that they got it right on the seeding. Forget that higher seeds get an easier path to the end of the tournament, that is their reward for being in the P5. We have to go and take it if we want it.

1 Like

[quote=“austinniner, post:3267, topic:25684, full:true”]
I’ll add this: there is now a VERY HEAVY ACC bias in the tournament this year. NINE teams got in. EIGHT of the nine have 1st round byes. It was bad last year, looks a little worse this year. I think we’re starting to see a little of that trickle down effect from revenue sports where there is a power 5 bias. If they take this from us I’m gonna be pissed.

That’s been going on for years. Check the teams that get into the baseball postseason. 7-8 teams from P5’s , 1, at most 2 CUSA teams.